Emergency Medical Technician
Company: Global Medical Response
Posted on: November 23, 2021
More Information about this Job:
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus
Job Description Summary : JOB SUMMARY
The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) responds to emergent and
non-emergent requests for medical assistance and delivers high
quality patient care, treatment, and customer service in the most
expedient, professional, safe, caring, and cost effective manner
possible within the prescribed scope of practice, established
protocols and Company policies.
- Follows and maintains thorough familiarity with evolving medical
treatment protocols, response requirements, quality assurance
procedures, local Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and other
- Continuously maintains the level and type of certification(s)
consistent with performing the duties of an EMT
- Operates Company vehicles in accordance with Risk & Safety
policies; is familiar with and abides by traffic laws governing the
operation of emergency response vehicles
- Maintains a driving record in compliance with Risk & Safety
- Develops ability to locate addresses quickly and safely through
knowledge of number systems and street layouts with and without the
assistance of maps and electronic mapping devices.
- Performs beginning of shift checks to ensure the ambulance is in
a state of mechanical readiness; tops off fluids as necessary;
ensures that appropriate equipment and supplies are on board
- Reports immediately to the Supervisor any discrepancies in
vehicle, equipment or supplies standards that could compromise the
unit's ability to complete a call
- Notifies Fleet Maintenance/Supervisor of mechanical failures of
the ambulance and equipment
- Ensures the ambulance is cleaned inside and outside, restocked,
tagged as necessary, and fueled at the end of each shift
- Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in Company
- Reports problems or unusual occurrences immediately to the
- Attends all mandatory training and in-service events
- Fosters and maintains cooperative working relationships with
peers, facility staff and public safety personnel.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of patient
assessment and treatment
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of patient
statistical and billing information and services rendered.
- Uses/operates appropriate communications equipment, medical
equipment, cleaning equipment, office equipment and tools.
- Appropriately uses medical equipment such as gurney, airway
equipment/airway bag, IV, splints, bandages, and medications in
rendering proper emergency medical treatment of patients
- Reads medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in
quick, accurate and expedient manner
- Communicates effectively with empathy and compassion to interview
patients, their family members, bystanders, other service agency
members and facility staff
- Discerns deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due to
patient's condition and to the treatment given
- Listens to and takes direction from Dispatch
- Converses with Dispatch, facility staff and other responders via
phone or radio as to status of patient
- Fosters and maintains excellent working relationships with all
internal and external facility staff
- Conducts self in a professional manner in accordance with the
Company's 'Standards of Conduct' policy
- Arrives for duty appropriately groomed and in the proper work
- Maintains punctual and regular attendance
- Completes all required/assigned Company training
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience: Must be at least 18 years of age; some prior work
experience in a
health care system preferred
Education: High school diploma or GED
Skills: Effective oral and written communication skills; strong
and comprehension abilities, adaptability to quickly evolving
situations, and strong decision making
Credentials/Licenses: Valid Driver's License, State EMT
certification and CPR/BLS certifications. Other certifications as
required by local City, County or State - Job Description :
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Working Conditions: Available to work days, nights, weekends and
workdays. Long periods inside the ambulance. May work indoors or
outdoors with exposure to weather. Possible routine exposure to
moderate noise levels. May periodically work in poorly lit
environments in a moving vehicle
Physical Demands: Moderate to extended amounts of sitting,
standing, and walking.
Some repetitive motion activities. Routinely lifting more than 200
lbs. with assistance. Pushing, pulling, reaching, lifting, bending,
squatting, kneeling, twisting, carrying, typing and stair climbing.
Visual identification of color-coded items. Clear speech and
hearing. Must be able to wear a face mask or respirator with proper
fit for extended periods when required
Mental Requirements: Critical thinking skills with the ability to
use logic and reasoning to
identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions,
conclusions or approaches to problems. Fatigue, high pressure,
exposure to stressful situations. Compassion and empathy
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
- Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our
patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
- One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no
individual can alone.
- Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire
- Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and
preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
- Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in
how we do it.
- Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the
communities we serve.
Reports to: Field Operations Supervisor
Interrelationships: Operations Management and Administration
Upon acceptance of offer and joining the GMR family, you will be
required to submit your Covid-19 vaccination status of either
vaccinated or not vaccinated.
PLEASE NOTE: COVID-19 vaccination is NOT a condition of employment,
or for consideration for employment with the GMR Family of
Companies. However, upon acceptance of offer and joining the GMR
family, you will be required to submit your COVID-19 vaccination
status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal
Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Keywords: Global Medical Response, Austin , Emergency Medical Technician, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!