Logistics Coordinator I
Company: Corus Entertainment
Posted on: November 19, 2021
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR I - Limited Assignment - US Austin, TX,
USA Req #1803 Monday, September 20, 2021 Luminex, a DiaSorin
Company is seeking dedicated and talented individuals with a
proactive and positive 'can-do' attitude to join our team. If
changing the diagnostic landscape and revolutionizing patient care
sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we invite you
to apply today! Together, we can help healthcare providers improve
patient outcomes, make a difference in fighting the COVID-19
outbreak, and tackle the world's most pressing health issues. You
can learn more about our values, mission, and vision by visiting
our website https://www.luminexcorp.com/about-luminex/ . The
Logistics Coordinator I performs a variety of shipping, stockroom,
and receiving tasks. This coordinator prepares items for shipment
ensuring cost effective courier services and compliance to global
trade, OSHA, DOT and other regulations. Must have a high regard for
compliance, attention to detail, and inventory accuracy. **Highly
Motivated / Computer Savvy / Outstanding Work Ethic preferred. What
you will do
- Responsible for material transactions within ERP System.
Compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify
accuracy; Also includes reverse logistics support.
- Prepares out-going shipments, considerate of the most
economical and efficient shipping method; selects appropriate
shipping container; packs items to ensure safe delivery.
- Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against
work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing
- Sorts, counts, packages, labels, unpacks inventory which is
shipped or received.
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records
discrepancies or damages through the Process.
- Delivers items to requisitioning departments and to appropriate
- Supports replenishment of production lines
- Traces lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments;
initiates proof of delivery documents.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and
objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and
- Manages daily inbox, ensuring emails are addressed
professionally, appropriately and timely.
- Ensures product integrity for materials handled.
- Ensures that cycle counts are completed timely and
- Drive company vehicle, forklifts, and operate pallet jacks to
- Communicate directly with logistics carriers to schedule daily
international and domestic shipments consistent with customer
- Order and restock supplies to ensure availability of
- Performs other logistics duties as assigned Education
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent required Experience Qualifications
- 1+ Years Experience working independently in a fast-paced
environment with rapidly changing priorities preferred
- 1+ Years Experience in a logistics or supply chain role with
demonstrated decision-making ability preferred
- 1+ Years Experience in a GMP and/or FDA regulated environment
preferred Training and Skills
- A strong ability to pay attention to details
- Driver's license
- Ability to be trained to drive a forklift
- Literacy (speak, read, and write in English)
- Must be available for work daily Monday through Friday, 8:00AM
to 5:00PM. Overtime as needed.
- Familiarity with and previous use of an ERP system
- Basic knowledge of cGMP regulations
- Basic knowledge of DOT rules and regulations
- Basic knowledge of OSHA and Hazmat regulations
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle the pressure of meeting tight deadlines
Standard Physical Demands
- Standing - Occasionally
- Stooping - Occasionally
- Bending - Occasionally
- Climbing - Occasionally
- Sitting - Occasionally
- Kneeling - Occasionally Luminex Corporation is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status of an
otherwise qualified individual, citizenship status, membership or
application for membership in a uniformed service, or any other
protected characteristic or category protected by applicable
Keywords: Corus Entertainment, Austin , Logistics Coordinator I, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!