Site Reliability Engineer, Apple Pay
Posted on: November 19, 2021
SummaryPosted: Oct 28, 2021Role Number: 200304626Imagine what
you could do here. At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming
phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very
quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no
telling what you could accomplish.We believe it's the diversity of
these people and their ideas that encourage the innovation that
runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to
industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple to become a part
of our dedicated team! Apple Pay Engineering is looking for an
experienced Site Reliability Engineer who can lead and mentor an
emerging team of SREs to design, deliver and support the next
generation systems powering Apple Pay. You would join a team
responsible for providing scalability, reliability and
maintainability solutions for our ever growing business and data
processing needs. Are you interested in solving the most
sophisticated and high scale challenges in the world today? Do you
like the idea of running critical financial services that are used
by millions of people all over the globe? Do you want to help
change how the world uses their wallet and money? If you love to
tackle internet scale challenges on critical financial systems then
this is the right job for you!Key Qualifications
- Application development experience in object-oriented and
functional programming languages, preferably Java / Scala /
- Experience designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale
- Acute drive to automate, to constantly replace manual
operations with automated solutions.
- Experience and proficiency in event-based and log-based
monitoring systems, deployment tools, and cloud computing.
- Excellent code-debugging/optimization, analytical problem
solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to clearly and precisely communicate day-to-day
operations to ensure thorough hand-off to regional SRE teams.
- A desire to constantly learn new technologies and stay abreast
of the distributed computing landscape and drive digital
- Drive high levels of engagement through discovery sessions,
enablement and solution positioning with executives and technical
- Computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data
structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity
- Consistent track record of taking ownership of challenging
problems and successfully delivering results.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience running and scaling large enterprise applications in
a critical "follow-the-sun" environment.
- Fast learner who is generous with their knowledge
- Self-directed, demonstrates leadership potential, and a great
- Experience with container orchestration systems like
Kubernetes, and Continuous Delivery platforms like Spinnaker, is a
plusDescriptionSite Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering
field that combines software and systems engineering to build and
run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems.
This position requires a highly motivated individual who loves
complex challenges in a fast-paced environment. You will support
payments services to ensure the services are functional, work on
improving reliability and availability, will think creatively, and
come up with innovative solutions to automate the manual support
activities. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions,
and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please
contact us to request accommodation.Education & ExperienceBS degree
in computer science or equivalent industry experienceAdditional
Keywords: Apple, Austin , Site Reliability Engineer, Apple Pay, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!