Principal BMC Firmware Architect
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Your new companyArm technology is at the heart of a computing
and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people
live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible;
our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the
intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering
products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer.
With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most
famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation
into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network
and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of
dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By
enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all
our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share
their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global
marketplace. Due to growth within the company, Arm are looking for
a Principal BMC Firmware Architect to join the growing team in
Your new job in Austin, TXWe are seeking an experienced and
proactive principal engineer to work in Arm Architecture and
Technology Group (ATG). This group is at the very heart of Arm and
its ecosystem. The group shapes technology of tomorrow by defining
the architecture of Arm based systems. This role is primarily aimed
at leading the manageability architecture and BMC firmware
development at Arm, based on industry standards, open source, and
Arm ecosystem requirements. The successful candidate will be a
senior technical leader responsible for defining the Arm systems
manageability architecture and requirements, and developing OpenBMC
firmware code, across the Arm infrastructure ecosystem.
- Collaborate with other teams in Arm, and Arm partners and
customers, to define Arm manageability architecture and
- Lead the OpenBMC firmware development and up-streaming for Arm
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Good university degree (or equivalent), ideally in Computer
Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline.
- As a senior member of a small and agile team you will work
alongside system architects and technology experts from across
geographical locations in Arm and Arm partners to understand and
shape next-generation systems, including the definition of future
- Develop specifications, proof-of concepts and reference
firmware implementations of the Arm-based and industry standards,
and upstream to open source projects as needed.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in server BMC firmware
- Experience with the OpenBMC firmware project and code
- Strong and independent debug methodology and troubleshooting
- Good grounding in computer architecture and server
- Demonstrate strong communication skills at technical and senior
- Be able to author complex technical specifications and design
- Be pro-active and self-motivated.
- Be flexible and capable of accepting new challenges.
What are desired requirements for this role?
- Deep knowledge and experience in the following areas: IPMI,
Redfish, MCTP, PLDM, SPDM
- Experience with silicon technologies and firmware enablement
for Arm SoC, PCIe, I2C, I3C, SPI, UART, JTAG debugging
- Preferred knowledge and experience in Linux kernel and driver
development and debug
- Contributions to open source projects, and experience with
necessary tools (Git, Github, Gerrit, etc..)
- Independent research experience
What you'll get in returnSo---what's in it for you? Well, you get
the opportunity to work on for a globally recognised company who
are passionate about investing in their employees. We have an
excellent track record of building up expertise in people, so this
is a great opportunity to learn something new and interesting in a
friendly and collaborative environment. In addition, you will also
have the opportunity to expand your network as this particular team
works with various stakeholders within Arm and with our partners,
giving you the platform to grow quickly within our CPU division.In
regards to benefits, your particular benefits package will depend
on position and type of employment and may be subject to change.
Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. The benefits
program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay
innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and
create a positive working environment. General benefits include:
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only,
shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: caf-- on site, fitness facilities,
team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for
health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel
Accident Program & Commuter programs.
What you need to do right nowIf you feel this is something that you
would be interested in, please apply and get in touch with our
specialist recruiter Rabib Choudhury.
Keywords: Arm, Austin , Principal BMC Firmware Architect, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!