BMC Firmware Architect
Posted on: February 23, 2021
BMC Firmware Architect
About the roleWe are seeking an experienced and proactive principal
engineer to work in Arm Architecture and Technology Group (ATG).
This group is at the very heart of Arm and its ecosystem. The group
shapes technology of tomorrow by defining the architecture of Arm
based systems. This role is primarily aimed at leading the
manageability architecture and BMC firmware development at Arm,
based on industry standards, open source, and Arm ecosystem
What will I be accountable for?The successful candidate will be a
senior technical leader responsible for defining the Arm systems
manageability architecture and requirements, and developing OpenBMC
firmware code, across the Arm infrastructure ecosystem.
- Collaborate with other teams in Arm, and Arm partners and
customers, to define Arm manageability architecture and
- Lead the OpenBMC firmware development and up-streaming for Arm
Job RequirementsWhat skills, experience, and qualifications do I
- Good university degree (or equivalent), ideally in Computer
Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline.
- As a senior member of a small and agile team you will work
alongside system architects and technology experts from across
geographical locations in Arm and Arm partners to understand and
shape next-generation systems, including the definition of future
- Develop specifications, proof-of concepts and reference
firmware implementations of the Arm-based and industry standards,
and upstream to open source projects as needed. Essential skills
and experience: A successful candidate must have:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in server BMC firmware
- Experience with the OpenBMC firmware project and code
- Strong and independent debug methodology and troubleshooting
- Good grounding in computer architecture and server
- Demonstrate strong communication skills at technical and senior
- Be able to author complex technical specifications and design
- Be pro-active and self-motivated.
- Be flexible and capable of accepting new challenges.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Deep knowledge and experience in the following areas: IPMI,
Redfish, MCTP, PLDM, SPDM
- Experience with silicon technologies and firmware enablement
for Arm SoC, PCIe, I2C, I3C, SPI, UART, JTAG debugging
- Preferred knowledge and experience in Linux kernel and driver
development and debug
- Contributions to open source projects, and experience with
necessary tools (Git, Github, Gerrit, etc..)
- Independent research experience
Keywords: Hays, Austin , BMC Firmware Architect, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!