Director of Quality & Food Safety
Director of Quality & Food Safety
Company: Force Brands LLC--
Posted on: February 20, 2021
An open letter to our Director of Quality and Food Safety:
Hola! As a seasoned expert in the Food Safety and Manufacturing
industry, we know you've probably got your hands full (figuratively
speaking) of evaluations, strategies, and operational knowledge,
but we're glad you're taking the time to eat-er-read this....Pardon
our Freudian Chip! What we'd really like to know is whether or not
you'd be interested in keeping your hands full of all those things,
but tossing in (literally this time) our delicious tortilla chips,
hot sauce, and queso into the mix. Sound like something you're
interested in? We look forward to hearing from you!
- From inspecting chip folds and bubbles to seasoning ratios,
you're a detail-orientated individual who is highly organized, with
ability to multi-snack-err-task.
- Like a root canal specialist, you have strong strategic
thinking and creative problem-skills with proven ability to
implement root cause analysis for identification of corrective
actions and problem resolution.
- You're a motivated self-starter with the ability to learn and
adapt quickly, and run like the wind, Bullseye!
- Similar to the elves at the North Pole in Q4, you're committed
to seeing problems through to resolution even beyond normal working
- You've got the ability to handle complex situations involving
multiple SKUs, channels, and distribution models. The business
equivalent of a Peregrine Falcon, you thrive in a fast-paced and
- Passion is your fashion, and you wear it year-round because
you're a high-energy individual looking to play a critical
- You've got the ability to lead and develop the Quality team in
both technical capability and effective communication, and "Not
Afraid'' by Eminem may or may not be your favorite hype song.
- You are deadline-oriented with ability to organize assignments,
set priorities, and carry out plans. Case closed.
What you will do:
- Evaluate production operations from a strategic level to ensure
that products meet quality, integrity, functionality, and other
specifications and requirements.
- Develop, collaborate, and communicate quality standards and
parameters to the Quality team and the Culinary & Innovation
- Report the status of quality and operations to leadership and,
when required, regulatory agencies.
- Identify areas of opportunity or concern related to Food Safety
and Quality and develop appropriate solutions to address those
- Lead the Quality and Food Safety department in all related
matters such as product recalls, withdrawals, audit documentation
and requirements, and product quality evaluation and consumer
complaint response, resolution, and tracking.
- Deliver highly disciplined compliance with all company-defined,
federal, state, local, and organizational laws, regulations,
guidelines, and policies and Company defined food safety and
sanitation standards, systems to meet the Siete Quality
- Audit and monitor current and potential co-manufacturing
partners (e.g. safety programs [e.g. HACCP, GMP]; recall
procedures; facility GFSI certifications).
- Act as SQF practitioner for internal facilities, responsible
for the development, implementation, oversight and continuous
improvement of the SQF program.
- Serve as point of contact and "quality person responsible" for
all matters related to the FDA and other regulatory/compliance
- Attend product trials, and periodically visit co-manufacturing
partners to observe production.
- Be on call outside of normal business hours during
manufacturing runs to troubleshoot issues.
- Monitor and ensure the continuous improvement of QFS processes
- communicate effectively with internal and external partners to
ensure implementation of QFS policies within Manufacturing and
across Supply Chain.
- Partner with Culinary & Innovation to create long-term
strategies to overcome quality challenges and enforce these
standards among external partners.
- Develop strong working relationships with key material
suppliers and co-manufacturers, schedule period visits to ensure
quality and food safety.
- Maintain a high level of familiarity of Siete's product line
and manufacturing process for each product.
- Represent Quality and Food Safety in product commercialization
- Travel required to co-manufacturers and key suppliers as
- 6+ years of Food Safety experience in a food-manufacturing
- Experience with HACCP and SQF programs required
- Strong foundation in regulatory policies
- Proven ability to evaluate food safety and quality
- Experience with shelf-stable and temperature-sensitive products
is a plus
- Degree in Food Science or Microbiology or related discipline a
- Certified auditor; audit training a plus
- Proven track record in coaching and developing teams and
Please fill out our culture questionnaire . There are no wrong
answers here -we want to learn more about you!
Siete Family Foods is an equal opportunity employer and committed
to diversity in its workplace. Siete Family Foods hires qualified
candidates and makes all employment-related decisions based
exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to
characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion,
gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status,
citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any
other status protected by law. Sign up to receive updates from
ForceBrands Not-to-miss hiring insights, exclusive interviews, and
the latest opportunities at leading consumer brands
Keywords: Force Brands LLC--, Austin , Director of Quality & Food Safety
Director of Quality & Food Safety, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!