Assistant Transportation Manager
Company: HD Supply
Posted on: September 17, 2020
Company Overview Join our leadership team and help drive the
continued growth of HD Supply Facilities Maintenance! Reporting to
a DC Operations Manager, you will lead, coach and develop a team of
Driver Leads and approximately 24 dedicated fleet Drivers. You will
create strategies for route efficiencies, on-time delivery and
ensure the continued safety performance. Your shift will start at 5
am. Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree is a plus but not required.
- Prior experience leading a large team of non-union associates
in a fast paced warehouse/distribution environment.
- Expertise on DOT policies and procedures.
- Hazmat knowledge is plus.
- SAP or similar ERP experience/knowledge preferred.
- Decartes or similar transportation software experience.
- MS Office Suite, MS Excel for reporting purposes
- Must have excellent written and oral presentation.
- Solid proven history of making strides in employee engagement.
Other perks of joining HD Supply are:
- Comprehensive benefits plan on first day (Medical, Dental,
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits.
- Advancement Opportunity with Fortune 500 company.
- Annual Bonus Eligibility HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) (
www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in
North America. The company provides a broad range of products and
value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with
leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and
specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations
across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's
approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven
services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship
options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that
contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to
the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part
of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness,
diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the
company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow
professionally while providing competitive benefits and
compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and
achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD
Supply is ready for you! Job Description & Qualifications Job
Summary Direct and coordinate the dedicated delivery operations at
the distribution center, including direct supervision of the
delivery drivers, route management, DOT and Hazardous Material
compliance, and fleet maintenance. Major Tasks, Responsibilities
and Key Accountabilities
- Leads, directs and trains the delivery driver team.
- Ensures compliance with all safety, hazmat and DOT
- Manages routes to ensure the most cost efficient delivery
- Oversees and performs routine vehicle inspection and maintains
- Coaches and develops delivery drivers, including accompanying
drivers on routes for evaluation purposes. Nature and Scope
- Experience provides solutions.
- Ensures that work is performed consistently with company
policies and procedures.
- Leads a group or team of support, craft, or lower level
professional associates. Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical
environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and
exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as
using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel more than 50% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally
5+ years of experience in a related field. May require
certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some
disciplines. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Prior supervisory experience in dispatch or fleet
- Experience with routing programs.
- Experience with DOT regulations and driver safety programs.
PRID PRID108 Job Locations US-TX-Austin Posted Date 4 weeks ago
(8/19/2020 4:10 PM) Job ID 2020-39085 Business Unit Facilities
Maintenance Functional Area Transportation Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time Posting Location : Postal Code 78758 HD
Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with
Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD
Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates
without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor
prohibited by law.
Keywords: HD Supply, Austin , Assistant Transportation Manager, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!