Senior Principal GPU Architect
Posted on: July 1, 2020
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job DescriptionAbout the role
The Central Technology Team within Arm develops key technologies
which will form the foundation of future products.
You will join a multinational, dynamic, collaborative and highly
motivated Graphics team in Central Technology to help craft the
direction of our world leading Mali--- Graphics products. The
Mali--- Graphics Processor is the #1 shipping GPU.
You will need to have architecture and hardware/software
development skills, in addition to being able to think creatively.
In this role you can expect to be a technical lead where your ideas
will make a difference and enable you to make your mark delivering
industry leading GPU IP.
Your job responsibilities will be diverse and may include
architecture, technology research, hands-on prototyping and
experimental investigations, engaging with product groups, working
closely together with the engineering team, and taking part in
partner and customer engagements.
Together with our world-leading architects you will:
- Design and develop the Mali--- graphics architecture for the
latest graphics APIs, providing new technologies for products in
new and existing markets.
- Perform high level performance modelling and analysis of
graphics hardware features, applications, benchmarks and
- Develop and improve tools for architectural exploration and
- Understand and analyse system level architectural trade-offs
(including hardware, memory systems and system s/w).
- Collaborate with the Arm engineering team to see your ideas
delivered into products.
Job RequirementsWhat skills, experience, and qualifications do I
- BSEE or BSCS required. MS/PhD in EE or CS preferred.
- Minimum 15+ years Computer Graphics experiences or equivalent
- A strong history of thinking creatively and communicating
effectively in a global team environment, with a practical,
organized and analytical approach to work.
- A deep experience and background in Computer Graphics and GPU
- You have an ability to quantify and make trade-offs between
power, performance and area appropriately to meet the requirements
of the product.
- You have a strong programming ability: C, C++, scripting.
- Good knowledge of graphics and computer API's (OpenGL, OpenCL,
- Excellent team working skills, self-motivated and results
Desired behaviors for this role:At Arm, we are guided by our core
beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions,
defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape
We, not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
---Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work
back from there.
---Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
---Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share
information with those who need it.
---Care about the people around you.
Passion for progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to
---Work with pace and judgement. Adapt to circumstances.
---Take risk in support of Arm's progress.
---Be accountable for the decisions you take. Learn from
---Pursue innovation relentlessly.
Be your brilliant self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
---Seek and embrace differences.
---Encourage curiosity and challenge.
---Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you
to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm's goals.
BenefitsYour particular benefits package will depend on position
and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package
will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm's benefits program
provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay
innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and
create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only,
shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: caf-- on site, fitness facilities,
team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for
health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel
Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information,
please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
About ArmArm-- technology is at the heart of a computing and
connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live
and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our
advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the
intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering
products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer.
With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most
famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation
into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network
and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of
dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By
enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all
our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share
their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global
About the officeThe Arm Austin office employs staff from across all
divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North
America. Austin has the nickname of "Silicon Hills" thanks to the
high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the
"Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by
Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix
are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top
destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
Keywords: ARM, Austin , Senior Principal GPU Architect, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!