Infrastructure & Cloud Architect
Posted on: June 28, 2020
About the role:
Blackbaud is seeking experienced and motivated technologists
possessing a unique balance of technical depth, customer focus and
leadership skills. As an Infrastructure & Cloud Architect in
Infrastructure Engineering & Cloud Operations, you'll partner with
teams across our organization to craft innovative cloud based and
physical infrastructure solutions with increasing reliability,
scalability, supportability and security.
In this role, you will serve as a thought leader and driving force
behind establishing the architecture, engineering, operations, and
core services roadmap for Blackbaud's Public and On-Prem Cloud
environments. Together with key stakeholders, you'll guide our
infrastructure teams in accelerating the migration of our existing
workloads to the public cloud while sustaining a high level of
performance across our existing systems and environments.
What you'll be doing:
- Partner with key stakeholders to establish technical direction
and negotiate technical decision points. Drive technical design and
validation ensuring implementation aligns with our technical
strategies and strategic business objectives.
- Guide teams in deriving innovative solutions to engineer
reliable, scalable, supportable, secure and cost-effective
solutions for our customers.
- Contribute as needed to the daily 24/7 operations of the team;
enforcing priorities, monitoring and analyzing operational
effectiveness metrics and supporting teams in predictably and
efficiently delivering on our commitments.
- Ensure ongoing collaboration between engineering, operations
and other key stakeholders through the full life cycle of our
- Sustain knowledge of industry trends and effectively adapt and
guide our teams to meet the demands to rapidly evolving
- Drive incident response focusing on restoration of service,
followed by root cause and permanent resolution.
- Identify and direct initiatives to further operational
excellence by increasing efficiency and reducing risk, complexity,
waste and cost.
- Effectively plan and manage vendor engagements to expand our
workforce capacity as needed.
- Foster a culture that leverages data and metrics to make
informed decisions and guide change.
- Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed for production
impacting incidents or key customer events.
What we'll want you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or
Information Technology or equivalent related work experience
- Minimum of 15 years or more relevant professional
- Minimum of 10 years of infrastructure leadership spanning
network, storage and compute supporting large and complex 24x7
- Minimum of 5 years in the implementation of cloud technologies
required (Microsoft Azure preferred)
- Practical experience with ITIL required; lean and agile
- Excellent written and verbal communication; able to communicate
complex technical information to all stakeholders
- Innovative and adaptable in problem-solving; able to lean into
the details while keeping the big picture in sight
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive
salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K
match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities
to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs
like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for
Diversity 2019, Forbes America's Best Midsize Employer 2019, and
AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are
rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on
teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous
company culture, encouraging open, collaborative working
environments in all of our offices around the world, including;
North America, Australia, the United Kingdom and Costa Rica.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies
to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in
Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn
Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on Linkedin,
Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is
committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental
disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by
federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency
resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
Keywords: Blackbaud, Austin , Infrastructure & Cloud Architect, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!