Company: Lhoist North America
Posted on: May 16, 2020
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
A strong team member will perform duties including but not limited
to electrician and all aspects of mechanical maintenance. Team
member will be able to troubleshoot issues to ensure all electrical
and mechanical components are in good working order throughout the
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Perform basic electrical calculations
* Perform tasks with all electrical test equipment (voltage meters,
meggers, current generators, loop calibrators, etc.)
* Fabricate and install conduit.
* Perform soldering operations.
* Test, troubleshoot and repair DC motors and drives, as well as AC
motors and drives.
* Install and align electrical motors.
* Troubleshoot and maintain motor control circuits.
* Perform preventive maintenance checks and report findings
verbally and in writing
* Perform preventative maintenance tasks on the mechanical systems
including inspection and lubrication.
* Routine replacement of bearings, idlers, dust collector bags,
gearboxes, and drive belts will be required.
* Initiate work orders as required
* Understand the installation and maintenance of all types of
* Perform shaft alignments using precision tools.
* Must be able to disassemble and rebuild all types of crushing,
screening, and conveying equipment.
* Able to use equipment manuals, parts lists or blue prints to
properly install, repair, or order parts.
* Perform maintenance and repairs on gearboxes, belts, chains, and
other mechanical devises.
* Troubleshoot and perform repairs to hydraulic systems and
* Troubleshoot and maintain variable speed drives.
* Operate small mobile equipment.
* Willing to upgrade skills by participating in vendor training, as
well as company-designated training.
* Willing to train on any new equipment installations.
* Willing to perform any other assigned tasks not specifically
* Must be well versed on all aspects of safety.
* Comply with company, state, and governmental health and safety
regulations at all times.
* Complete and document Workplace Inspections in a timely
* Ensure maintenance tools are kept in good condition, repaired or
replaced when necessary.
* Possess knowledge of the CMMS System to ensure that work orders
and checklists are complete accurately.
* Industrial background with good troubleshooting skills.
* Must be able perform basic mathematical computations
* Ability to detect potential problems through observation in the
* Must be able to work shift work, seven days a week including
holidays and be flexible to schedule changes.
* Must have a telephone and be open to call-outs
* Self-Motivated and must be able to work independently
* Good decision making skills regarding safety
* Must be able to tolerate working outside in severe weather
conditions as well as exposure to high temperature, noise, and
* Knowledge of basic computer skills.
* Must be able to access all plant locations and perform the
essential job duties of this position, including heavy lifting over
50 pounds. This could include heights of 190 feet, confined spaces,
climbing ladders or stairs, and accessing tunnels.
* Previous experience operating heavy equipment is desired.
* Ability to read, write, and interpret documents such as work
orders, blue prints, mechanical drawings, safety rules, standard
operating procedures, maintenance instructions, and procedural
* Knowledgeable of current environmental regulations and practices
as they relate to the lime industry.
* Must perform all tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
Lhoist North America offers a comprehensive benefits package
including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, 401K, and vacation.
Lhoist North America is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
Keywords: Lhoist North America, Austin , Electrician, Professions , Burnet, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!