Analytics Analyst II
Posted on: March 27, 2020
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS
leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our
customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every
stage of their growth.
Analytics Analyst II
Austin Four Points Office
BigCommerce, named a 2019 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is
looking for an Analyst to help create data-driven insights and
infrastructure in our rapidly growing company.What You'll Do
- Provide analysis for BigCommerce's business units, to both
technical and non-technical customers.
- Gather business requirements, extract and collate necessary
data from disparate systems to answer business questions.
- Develop, deliver and communicate data insights and
recommendations in a clear and concise manner, verbally and in
- Maintain reporting infrastructure to make recommendations for
improvements in regards to automation and documentation for the
benefit of the entire Analytics team.
- Develop, automate, and document descriptive Analytics
throughput via Jira/ Confluence, always looking for opportunities
to help the team improve their processes.
- Partner closely with Data Solutions colleagues to share best
practices and generate ideas that improve workflows for all
technical teams at BigCommerce.
- Play a critical role in establishing best practices for data
documentation and leading the team's efforts to scale in this
- Maintain a curious, systems thinking mindset to seek new and
improved ways to visualize data sets.
Who You Are
- 1-2 years experience writing SQL (required) to analyze large
datasets and answer business questions with a knack for documenting
best practices / queries / FAQs.
- 1-2 years working with data in a business or financial
analytics role, or equivalent academic background.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Math, Business Administration,
Finance, Economics, or Computer Science.
- Proven expertise with data visualization tools and techniques
required (Tableau, Looker, and/or Sisense specifically
- Experience with eCommerce and/or SaaS subscription models and
related metrics a major plus
- Exposure to Python or similar scripting or programming
languages a plus, not required
- Evangelize for data-driven decision making and quantify impacts
of business decisions with a positive, patient servant leader
- A thoughtful communicator who earns trust and builds strong
working relationships across departments. while selflessly
facilitating knowledge transfer throughout the
- Proactive and results-oriented, comfortable seeking to
understand business context driving data requests and collaborating
on best practices.
- Team player (required), ambitious, self-motivated,
goal-oriented and analytical with excellent time-management
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a
great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity
and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two
things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of
every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive
teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners,
employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to
apply for openings
Keywords: Bigcommerce, Austin , Analytics Analyst II, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!