Strategic Pricing & Contract Analyst
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.Working in support of the
Medical Devices US Sales Division, the Strategic Pricing & Contract
analyst will interface with Sales, Sales Management, Sales
Operations, Marketing, and Finance to apply business management
principles and financial concepts to that maximize the companys
performance against sales and profit goals and minimize risk.
Position will support the following Business Units: Cardiac Rhythm
Management (CRM), Electrophysiology (EP) and Heart Failure (HF).
The ideal candidate must proactively research, analyze, and
interpret data to produce substantiated recommendations and to work
effectively in a high-pressure, high-demand sales support
- Pricing Strategy Development and Decision Making.
- Contract Development and Execution.
- Customer-service oriented mind frame and skill sets to support
the field sales team and their price/contract needs.
- Supports the Contract Manager with the development and
implementation of price approvals / financial impact analysis and
contract creation / maintenance. Work within audit guidelines for
contract approval and contract creation.
- Must have well-honed sense of urgency and ability to work under
- Works directly with field sales and assists with deal
evaluation and creation of analytical deliverables.
- Assists with training field sales, typically on a day-to-day,
deal-to-deal basis, on tools, policies, and procedures.
- Perform quantitative analysis and provide recommendations and
consultative support to area and regional Sales Leaders to achieve
- Execute analysis of net contract sales, market share, and
contract pricing within USD.
- Owns contract creation from start to finish collaborative
effort with sales team to define price needs, analysis to determine
financial impact, execution of required internal review for price
approval, documentation of proper approval, and final creation of
outbound contract offering to end customer.
- Execution of formal requests for proposals (RFP)s that may be
needed in the of customer-specific contract templates and special
formatting and information required of the RFP.
- Perform comparisons to industry/company benchmarks to identify
contracting opportunities and best practices.
- Provides reports and analysis to department and senior
management as requested.
- Proficient in the use of Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Along with business operations partners, execute improvement
programs to streamline the flow of various system operations.
- Follows all management approved processes and procedures;
alerts management when circumstances require deviation to the
approved processes and procedures.Qualifications:General
Qualifications : A 4-year college degree and three to five years
experience in business, financial, or strategic pricing and
contracting is required. Knowledge of mathematical modeling and
demonstrated ability to quickly identify relevant details while
working with large date sets. Demonstrated ability to manage
multiple projects simultaneously: organization, attention to
detail, ability to work under general supervision, superior
communication and presentation skills, deal with unresolved issues,
and effectively communicating and maintaining rapport with Sales
Representatives and Managers and all levels of personnel within USD
and other ABT divisions. Demonstrated proficiency in operating a
personal computer including advanced proficiency with MS Office &
Business Objects. High degree of originality and ingenuity
required.Desired Qualification: Preferred degree in Finance,
Industrial Engineering, or Business (or work experience equivalent
to the knowledge obtained in one of these fields). Advanced degree
in business, previous experience in the medical device industry,
and Six Sigma green belt or black belt certification a plus.
Familiarity with SAP.An Equal Opportunity EmployerAbbot welcomes
and encourages diversity in our workforce.We provide reasonable
accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.To request
accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email
Keywords: Abbott, Austin , Strategic Pricing & Contract Analyst, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!