Site Relibility Engineer
Company: H E B
Posted on: February 17, 2020
H-E-B Digital is seeking new team members (Partners)! Since our
inception, we've been investing heavily in our customers' digital
experience, reinventing how they find inspiration from food, how
they make food decisions, and how they ultimately get food into
their homes. This is an exciting time to join H-E-B Digital, and
we're hiring across the stack: front-end web and mobile,
full-stack, and backend engineering. We're using the best available
technologies to deliver modern, engaging, reliable, and scalable
experiences to meet the needs of our growing audience. Our digital
solutions are growing in popularity and adoption-like Curbside and
Home Delivery-so you'll get the opportunity to define the user
experience for millions of customers and hundreds of thousands of
Partners. If you're someone who enjoys taking on new challenges,
working in a rapidly changing environment, learning new skills, and
applying it all to solve large and impactful business problems, we
want you as part of our team.
Our Partners thrive The H-E-B Way. In the Site Reliability Engineer
job, that means you have a--- HEART FOR PEOPLE--- you have a
passion for mentorship and guidance, and love for the direct
person-to-person interactions that create strong bonds between
teams HEAD FOR BUSINESS--- you have an ownership mentality and a
consistent track record of timely delivery of high-quality software
PASSION FOR RESULTS--- the ability to guide the discussion, remove
roadblocks, and provide guardrails for your team as they identify
challenges and propose solutions
What you'll do at HEB:We make capable the successful operation,
secure modification, and agile creation of large-scale
fault-tolerant systems that delight our customers beyond
expectation...which is easier said than done.
As a Site Reliability Engineer your job is to join in that mission
with a squad of other tenacious engineers to ensure the world-class
performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, capacity
planning and emergency response policies of our software,
infrastructure, and it's dependencies. Your goal ultimately is to
engineer operationally efficient & performant solutions, increase
system observability, minimize human interactions with production
systems, accelerating customer value delivery, and to help
evangelize those best practices to others.
We enable the reliability that makes building fantastic HEB Digital
products possible -- and we are incredibly proud of that.
- Improve observability pipeline and establish baseline
capabilities for service level indicators
- Engage in and improve the software delivery lifecycle from
establishing acceptance criteria through deployment, operation, and
- Scale systems sustainably through automation, agile
improvement, and dynamic resource utilization.
- Practice sustainable incident management and foster a blameless
Who We Are
- H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers
in the nation, operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and
Mexico, with annual sales generating over $26 billion
- We hire talented people (116,000 Partners), and give them
autonomy to be creative in how they impact the business
- We're a Partner-driven company with a Bold Promise - Because
- We embrace diversity and Inclusion as core values and support
them with thriving company-wide programs
- We're a truly original Texas-based company that created the
Spirit of Giving to help Texas communities every day
- Once eligible, our Partners become Owners in the company.
"Partner-owned" means our most important resources-People-drive the
innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest
Who You Are
- Interest in designing, building, analyzing, operating, and
troubleshooting distributed cloud systems.
- 1-3 years of development, DevOps or Site Reliability in a
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong
interpersonal skills and intrinsic motivation to get things
- Ability to debug, instrument, and optimize code, describe
system performance characteristics, and automate routine
- Experience writing code in Java, Go, Shell, Python, or a
- Experience with layer 1 Linux operating systems, optimization
performance tuning, distributed file systems, databases, container
orchestration, & distributed tracing.
- Loves learning and enjoys collaborating with other Partners and
Squads to better solve problems.
Keywords: H E B, Austin , Site Relibility Engineer, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!