Lead Software QA Engineer
Posted on: November 11, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY:Lead SQA Engineer is responsible for hands on
management of SQA engineers and their deliverables. Lead SQA
Engineer ensures strategic planning, development, and
implementation of SQA processes and efficient scaling of the
- Provide hands on leadership to Software QA engineers and play
an integral role in complete end to end verification of Natera
software systems and components.
- Plan, execute, and manage complex integration-level system
tests with multiple dependencies.
- Encourage skill and career growth development within the SQA
team in parallel with ongoing mentorship and support.?
- Provide continuous risk assessment and timely escalation of
software quality concerns, be an advocate for process improvements,
as well as individual contributor.?
- Work closely with product owners and developers to meet SQA
commitments and align delivery priorities with business
- Participate in, building, and maintaining data-driven test
automation tools and frameworks using clean coding practices and
functional programming methodologies.
- Perform debugging and root cause analysis of product issues or
- Evangelize new testing methodologies, best practices and tools
with goals to continuously improve test coverage through both
manual and automated processes.
- Establish tight collaboration and feedback loops between
various teams to improve the release process and maximize resource
utilization in a fast paced environment.
- Directly supervise and mentor SQA engineersQUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience testing both front-end and
server-side functionality of complex n-tier systems
- 2+ years of experience developing automation frameworks and
harnesses using programming and scripting languages.
- Previous experience with hands on management of SQA
deliverables as well as supervising SQA engineers is desired.?
- BS degree in Computer Science or relevant field, or equivalent
work experience.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Solid knowledge of QA methodologies, test planning, system
dependencies, and product integration phases
- Extensive working knowledge of relational databases, strong SQL
- Recent hands-on experience with front-end test automation tools
and libraries such as Selenium,, TestNG, Junit, ScalaTest, Gatling
- Familiarity with scripting and programming languages, such as
Java, Groovy, Python, Scala, Ruby, Perl, etc
- Strong knowledge of Linux and command line shell
scripting.PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Duties are typically performed in an office setting.
- This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard,
communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours
(evenings and weekends) at times. ?OUR OPPORTUNITY?Driven by the
passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing,
Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic
diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with
proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing
DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and
commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively
researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for
developing products with oncology applications.The Natera team
consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors,
laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers
and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who
care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera,
you?ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of
the industry, you?ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in
being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic
disease management.?WHAT WE OFFERCompetitive Benefits.?Generous
Employee Referral program.?Healthy catered lunches 3 times per
week, and premium snacks! Additionally, we offer complimentary
premium coffee drinks and teas, and other beverages.?For more
information, visit?www.natera.com.?Natera is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and
inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different
backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive
collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our
patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management
of disease worldwide.All qualified applicants are encouraged to
apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status,
disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider
qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent
with applicable laws.?
Keywords: Natera, Austin , Lead Software QA Engineer, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!