Sterile Processing Tech II
Company: St. David's North Austin Medical Center
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
St. David---s NorthAustin Medical Center is part of St. David---s
HealthCare,one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was
recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2014.
The 378-bed multi-specialty, acute care facility isdedicated to the
highest level of women---s health services, including maternityand
newborn care with Level I, II and III nurseries at the adjacent St.
David---s Women---s Center of Texas. The facility also features a
24-hour emergency department, theTexas Institute for Robotic
Surgery, the Bariatric Center, heart and vascular center, neurology
andneurosurgery, a kidney transplant program, inpatient and
outpatient surgery,and acute inpatient and outpatient
rehabilitation, among many others. St.David---s North Austin
Medical Center is also home to St. David---s Children---s Hospital.
In 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016, the hospital earned a
nationaldistinction for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group.
We offeryou an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary,excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team andyour ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTOmedical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement,employee discount program, employee stock purchase
program and student loanrepayment. We would love to talk to you
about this fantastic opportunity.
Provides instruments, supplies and equipment free of contamination
for a surgical intervention. Responsible to act as a preceptor for
new and cross-training employees. Participates in providing patient
specific care standards as directed, and follows service excellence
standards to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handles instruments and supplies correctly to ensure service
ability and safety of these items.
- Takes inventory of each set by use of instrument check
- Cleans, decontaminates instruments and equipment after each
case according to hospital policy and procedure.
- Uses standard precautions in daily duties and follows all
infection control procedures.
- Makes requests to the appropriate manager to maintain par level
of instruments and supplies to keep sets complete and supplies
- Prepares instruments for sterilization using the proper
procedures. Must understand the theory of sterilization and be able
to apply critical thinking skills related to theory.
- Packages instrument set and supplies properly for type of item
and ease of sterile distribution.
- Maintains a clean and neat work area.
- Must know proper operation and maintenance of all equipment in
- Must document sterilization loads and associated quality
control and biological control tests appropriately.
- Must be able to report abnormal test results, packaging
defects, or instrument defects to ensure that the problem is
- Handles all instruments with care particularly micro, fiber
- Assists in orienting and training new personnel to Central
- Handles and processes patient care items for other department.
Communicates with other departments effectively when needed.
- Knows the location of supplies and acts as a resource person to
other staff members.
- Maintains traffic flow between decontamination area and Central
Sterile area according to hospital infection Control policy.
- Cleans autoclaves according to department policies. Cleans
tables, carts and racks on a daily basis.
- Organizes time and priorities to adjust to daily schedule
demands of processing As shown by workload progress and
- Coaches team members in disposition of instruments and supplies
in the decontamination processes as shown by appropriate member
- Flexible in work hours and assignments as schedule
- Anticipates instrument and supply needs by monitoring operative
schedule relaying information to OR charge and team members so that
the needs of the schedule are met.
- Participates in on-call duties for emergency procedures as
- Complies with hospital/departmental policies and procedures,
i.e., attendance, mandatory education, safety, infection control,
- Demonstrates the working knowledge of instrument washer and
steam and gas sterilizers.
- Carries out policies and procedures for sterilization according
to AORN recommended practices.
- Carries out NAMC policies and procedures for decontamination,
cleaning, maintenance, handling, storage and sterilization of
- Demonstrates proper handling, inspection, testing, use and
processing of endocops, endoscopic accessories and related
- Monitors proper storage and handling of supplies.
- Maintains inventory levels of supplies and places orders as
- Employee---s conduct must reflect the Company---s values and a
commitment to the Code of Conduct ethics and compliance
- Employee reflects SDH Service Excellence standards in every
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications EDUCATION AND
EXPERIENCE:Required: High School Diploma or GED equivalent or proof
of higher level education if hired after January 1, 2014
Preferred: 6 months sterile processing experience or related
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:Preferred: BCLS CertificationNotice Our
Company---s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility
within your career and we take your candidate experience very
seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee
will request financial or personal information (Social Security
Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email.
The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like
Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or
job-related email, contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: St. David's North Austin Medical Center, Austin , Sterile Processing Tech II, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!