Head of Data Science
Company: Entytle, Inc.
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Entytle's cloud-based software creates highly qualified
opportunities for the aftermarket business, driving top-line
growth, improved sales cycle time and predictable revenue. With
Entytle, aftermarket sales teams have actionable and timely
insights into customers' needs and can close more sales in less
How? Our Aftermarket Engagement Platform aggregates and enriches
customer data, analyzes customer history and behavior using
sophisticated machine learning and statistical analysis, and
surfaces actionable customer insights to drive aftermarket revenue
Entytle is a 2016 Red Herring - North America Top 100 Company. The
company has funding from Accel Partners, is based in Austin, TX and
is hiring awesome, entrepreneurial employees to join the rapidly
MissionLead the data science team in delivering innovative but
pragmatic solutions to help our customers drive aftermarket
- Work collaboratively with Entytle stakeholders to identify key
questions that need to be addressed and then leverage the data
science team to deliver required capabilities
- Design, architect and deliver a well-structured data science
platform for research and execution of data and analytics
- Create and maintain an efficient and effective Data Science
Position DescriptionThe position reports to the VP of Analytics.
You will lead the vision, design and development of Entytle's data
science solutions. You will work with other data scientists,
engineers and product managers leading the development of
innovative data science models (e.g. AI, ML) in support of our
installed base sales automation application. Your communication
skills will allow you to work closely with our manufacturing-based
customers. You will use your agile experience to work with our
geographically dispersed teams.
- Meet with external customers and experts to understand business
challenges and propose new modeling and algorithmic solutions that
leverage the latest in statistical and machine learning
- Study data sources and find insights/correlation to investigate
how data science can be used to solve existing and new business
- Apply statistical analysis and modeling techniques on small and
large datasets to solve specific business problems in the installed
base sales automation domain.
- Provide strategic leadership in selection of platform, tools,
techniques and processes in the practice of Data Science
- Work collaboratively with your data science team, engineers,
developers and product management to translate business
requirements into technical requirements that can be addressed with
statistical and machine learning techniques.
- Provide mentorship to other Data Scientists on your team.
- Own and drive contemporary best practices in applying and
deploying data science at scale.
- Strong sense of and an ability to cultivate an environment of
teamwork, and a willingness to help others.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to both
technical and non-technical staff members and customers.
- Proficiency in data analysis and programming languages such as
SQL, Python, and R.
- 4-8 years hands-on experience in machine learning, statistics
or experiment design.
- Master's Degree required (PhD would be a plus) in Statistics,
Mathematics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Computer Science,
Physics or a related field with focus on data analysis.
- Expertise in machine learning, statistics, data analysis. Must
have an excellent knowledge of advanced methods, and experience in
applying those methods to a variety of problems.
- Solid grasp of probability, statistical or mathematical
modeling with analytical and quantitative problem-solving ability.
Experience with time-series analysis would be a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in applying machine learning to
- Must have delivered data science components as part of a
commercial solution at scale.
- Familiarity with software development cycles, source control
systems (including Git), databases, and cloud computing platforms
such as AWS.
- Knowledge of large equipment manufacturing, installed base
sales, recurring revenue, and equipment service would be a
Keywords: Entytle, Inc., Austin , Head of Data Science, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!