Business Systems Specialist
Company: Farm Credit Bank of Texas
Posted on: August 16, 2019
Who we are:
We are a $24 billion wholesale bank that's been financing
agriculture and rural America for nearly 100 years. Headquartered
in Austin, Texas, we provide funding and services to rural lending
cooperatives in five states and we're active in the nation's
capital markets. Join the Farm Credit Bank of Texas team and help
us grow to meet the ever-changing credit needs of food and fiber
producers, the agribusiness sector, and rural Americans. If you're
looking for a rewarding career with one of the nation's most
respected financial institutions - Farm Credit Bank of Texas (FCBT)
may be a great fit for you.
This position is responsible for comprehensive development, testing
and implementation of new business information systems or
enhancements to more expert level existing systems used in the
department to align information technology solutions with the
Bank's business initiatives. Areas of focus include comprehensive
support of all loan accounting systems, including the
implementation of new systems.
Day to Day Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish sound, progressive and effective loan accounting
systems and related software applications which support the lending
operation of the bank, and fairly and accurately reflect borrower
legal obligations and the bank's investment in loan relate assets,
in accordance with general accepted accounting principles (GAAP),
FCA regulations, and district policies and procedures.
- Possess and maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of
loan system file structures and field uses, general business
processes within the loan systems, and a comprehensive knowledge of
the past practices and reasons therefore.
- Work with key software users, department staff and other bank
staff to define functional processes and requirements for new and
existing business systems.
- Work with district association staff to ensure that system
design meets specifications for all users.
- Interact with the Accounting Help Desk and other staff to
ensure that user documentation, communication to the associations
and training are coordinated and completed along with
implementation of new systems and/or system changes.
- Direct and lead special projects which establish direction for
the bank concerning the development of its loan and accounting
- Develop, analyze and recommend new or improved policies and
procedures that contribute to the successful operations of the
- Review and evaluate loan information and perform analyses as
- Participate in the implementation of new loan or accounting
systems for bank and/or association use.
- Provide support and assistance to department and bank staff for
various software systems, including loan systems and office
automation software systems.
- Oversee and participate in the development of modifications of
software systems, including the documentation of technically
related information, interaction with programmers of software
systems analysts, business analysts, and end users in the
development of the changes, and the related testing of new or
- Assure that progress and status reports are prepared, as
- Maintain frequent contact with district users and follow up on
problems to ensure satisfactory progress toward acceptable
- Design ad hoc reports/queries for to the bank departments and
What You Bring to the Team:
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Information Systems, or
equivalent experience and a minimum of four (4) or more years of
experience in loan systems support and design.
- Comprehensive experience in helping users with software and/or
business systems problems, and training and developing detailed
business requirements is preferred but not required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of both Capital Markets and Mortgage
- Must have comprehensive functional knowledge of business
processes and requirements including major areas of loan accounting
and related software.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and
learn new business systems quickly.
- Demonstrated interpersonal relationship skills, excellent oral
and written communications skills, analytical skills, problem
solving and organizational skills are essential.
- Handles comprehensive issues and problems, and refers more
complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Ability to communicate/coordinate effectively with all levels
of management as well as with outside vendors; Ability to exercise
sound judgment, use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to travel on a
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in Microsoft Office
- Possesses analytical thinking and mathematical skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- May coach or instruct lower level colleagues.
- Handles complex issues and problems, and refers only the most
complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to a
subordinate group. May act as a "lead" or first-level
Why Farm Credit Bank of Texas:
Benefits are an integral part the Farm Credit Bank of Texas total
compensation package. In addition to this position having a very
competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer comprehensive,
affordable and competitive benefit options that are focused on
health and wellness, financial security, and achieving a work-life
- Flexible health and wellness benefits, including medical
insurance, prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, vision
care, flexible spending accounts, and more---
- 401(k) plan that includes an employer match and additional
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Vacation leave, sick leave and paid holidays
- Option to use sick leave to take your pet to the vet for
- Up to five days per year to volunteer in local community
organizations, services or events
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Generous tuition reimbursement program
- Physical fitness incentive plan
- Employer matching gifts program
- Relocation funds can be considered
Important note: We care about your hiring process and take it
seriously. There is a real person behind the screen and response
timelines may vary. The interviewing process at Farm Credit Bank of
Texas may include phone calls and emails, on-site interviews, and
requests for portfolios or demonstrations of work. Unfortunately,
we are unable to personally follow-up with each and every
applicant, but we will do our best to create a professional,
respectful, and thorough process for candidates with whom we
identify as a potential fit. Please be assured, we will contact you
if that is the case!
Principals only, please.
Keywords: Farm Credit Bank of Texas, Austin , Business Systems Specialist, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!