Company: JE Dunn Construction
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Best people + right culture. These are the driving forces behind JE
Dunn's strategy for success. By hiring the best people we can find,
giving them interesting and challenging work, and letting them
share in the company's rewards, we've found a sustainable way to
grow in our industry for the last 90+ years.
JE Dunn believes in providing the best tools for employees to get
the job done right. Lean operation processes. Digital document
collaboration. LEED-certified, occupant-focused environments. We
make sure our workforce is prepared for the job, and we expect the
best. Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives
through inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired
people like you to join us in our pursuit of building
Key Role Responsibilities - Core
PROJECT COORDINATOR - CORE
- Actively participates in all aspects of the project-specific
safety plan and culture.
- Collects, processes, inputs, organizes and files data and
documentation from various sources and stakeholders as requested by
project management team and/or as warranted by established business
processes, in order to support the administrative, documentation,
data, reporting, compliance and communications needs of
- Processes information within specific timeframes in order to
maintain efficiency and timeliness of documentation, submissions,
communications and reporting.
- Organizes information into standard formats and reports in
various systems and locations such as the project website, CMiC,
- Coordinates electronic submission of project documentation.
Prepares routine correspondence (such as letters, memos, meeting
notes and proposals) and reviews outgoing materials for conformance
with best practice standards and formats.
- Supports project management during the bidding process, with
deliverables such as creating bid invitations, preparing
specifications documents, addressing regulatory and compliance
requirements and creating, tracking and following up on bid
- Supports project management during the award process, with
deliverables such as issuing bond memos, setting up subcontractors
in project management systems, granting system and website access
to stakeholders, preparing and organizing various components of the
contracts and processing final contract documentation.
- Supports project management with project deliverables, such as
managing information on the project website and electronically
processing various documents (such as submittals, pay applications,
bills of sale, compliance documentation, requests for information
and change documents).
- Tracks and monitors and/or collaborates with project accounting
to ensure necessary documentation (such as insurance
certifications, bonds, lien waivers, affidavits, etc.) meets
compliance requirements before releasing checks to contractors.
- Contributes to effective, accurate, organized and timely access
to information and communications by all stakeholders throughout
the project. Key deliverables include creating and updating contact
information and distribution lists, creating agendas and meeting
notes, collecting and recording various project and compliance
documents (such as insurance certificates, certified payrolls,
affidavits, performance and payment bonds, etc.) and generating
various reports, memos and letters.
- Processes and distributes incoming communications (e.g., mail,
email, fax) in a timely manner and responds to routine requests
that do not require the supervisor's attention.
- Provides timely and effective communication via e-mail,
telephone, etc. to internal staff and external customers and
- Receives and directs incoming telephone calls and
- Provides switchboard relief and/or additional administrative
support to other functions to help meet business and staffing
- Demonstrates a positive and professional attitude, maintaining
composure under pressure.
- Shares subject matter expertise in order to support teamwork
and deliver results.
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to work collaboratively
and cross-functionally to obtain information or solve problems in
support of the team's goals.
- Exercises discretion and integrity with highly confidential and
Key Role Responsibilities - Additional Core
- Demonstrates commitment to the highest standards of customer
satisfaction by displaying courtesy and sensitivity and responding
promptly to customer needs.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations promptly and
- Meets client commitments; recognizes and acts upon service
- Solicits and applies feedback to improve quality and
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a
- Communication skills, verbal and written.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to deliver quality through attention to
- Ability to learn and use a variety of software, tools and
systems necessary to meet business needs.
- Knowledge of construction industry terminology and
- Knowledge of administrative, office and general accounting
procedures and standards.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team,
internally and externally.
High School Diploma or GED (Required).
- 0-2 years administrative support experience (Required).
At JE Dunn, you'll receive an abundance of resources dedicated to
ensuring your success and future development
Whether it's our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), company
wellness program, or modern workspaces, we put the satisfaction of
our employees at the forefront of everything we do.
Award-winning benefits package
Named one of Plan Sponsor Magazine's 2015 Plan Sponsors of the
Year, JE Dunn's employee benefits package ranks among the top of
our peer group, meeting and exceeding standard expectations.
Professional training opportunities
Our employee development team works full-time to create growth
opportunities across the company. We encourage employees to take
command of their own development, and we make sure they have what
they need to take that next step.
Corporate and personal involvement in the communities in which we
work is simply part of the job--JE Dunn as an organization is proud
to donate over 10 percent of our pre-tax earnings to charities
around the country each year.
JE Dunn Construction is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity
to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability,
pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected
category. JE Dunn Construction is a background screening, drug-free
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the
employment process please contact Human Resources at
JE Dunn Construction Company does not accept unsolicited resumes
from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee
of JE Dunn Construction without a prior written search agreement
will be considered unsolicited and the property of JE Dunn
Construction Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Keywords: JE Dunn Construction, Austin , Project Coordinator, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!