Company: Arm Holding
Posted on: August 16, 2019
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job DescriptionAbout the role
We are looking to add a talented Automotive System Architect to our
Systems Group. As an Automotive Architect at ARM you will
participate in the development of systems and SoCs which meet the
requirements of our automotive market partners.
What will I be accountable for?
This challenging position, will offer you the opportunity to work
on the latest technology in a collaborative environment t
- Participate in the definition of system architecture designs
for autonomous vehicles, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
and/or digital cockpit systems using Arm IP.
- Define ARM IP component requirements to meet the application
- Define the partition of functionality between hardware and
- Create and own the architecture specifications that define
system topology and interfaces and describe the programmer visible
- Guide and align the development work taking place across
multiple design teams. This includes steering the development of
functional and performance models, reviewing the
micro-architectural specificationsand test plans and supporting the
development of Software/Firmware
- Define performance metrics and goals and work with the
performance analysis team to refine the results, including expected
latency and bandwidth targets, other Quality of Service (QoS)
requirements andDDR memory requirements
- Work with hardware and software engineering teams to refine
powerexpectations under various workloads
Job RequirementsWhat skills, experience and qualifications do you
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science or
Electrical/Computer Engineering, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Minimum of 7+ years in SoC development experience
- Proven track record in identifying and translating automotive
requirements into system solutions.
- Deep knowledge of automotive system architecture requirements
including functional safety, redundancy and appropriate use of
- Deep understanding of system component inter-dependencies
including memory and IO systems, and of systems-level performance
modeling and analysis.
- Understanding of general-purpose CPU microarchitecture,
including knowledge of areas such as processor pipelines, caches,
memory hierarchy, and multi-processor systems.
- Understanding of architecture and micro-architecture of
specialized processors for image processing, machine learning,
graphics, video, and display processing.
- Understanding of system architecture impact on physical design
- Proven ability to generate consistent, complete, and concise
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, presentations)
- Co-operate and communicate effectively with other members of
ARM both locally and across sites.
- Show initiative in identifying solutions to problems of
interest to ARM.
- Be motivated to continuously develop skills and accept a
variety of responsibilities as part of contributing to ARM's
- Some travel outside the US to ARM and customer sites may be
Desired behaviors for this role:
Arm is proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our visionary
culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to
defy ordinary and craft extraordinarily. These behaviors are
assessed during the recruitment process:
We Not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance
- Information is critical, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate - and that everyone
misses out when we don't
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of
people you connect
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and
- The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and
be responsible for your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying 'I don't know
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
BenefitsYour particular benefits package will depend on position
and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package
will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm's benefits program
provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay
innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and
create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only,
shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: caf-- on site, fitness facilities,
team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for
health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel
Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information,
please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
About ArmArm-- technology is at the heart of a computing and
connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live
and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our
advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the
intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering
products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer.
With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most
famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation
into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network
and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of
dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By
enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all
our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share
their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global
About the officeThe Arm Austin office employs staff from across all
divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North
America. Austin has the nickname of "Silicon Hills" thanks to the
high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the
"Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by
Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix
are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top
destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
Keywords: Arm Holding, Austin , System Architect, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!