FIELD SPEC II - Freeport, TX
Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Posted on: June 15, 2019
The Resident Field Service Technician is responsible for technical
direction and safe site leadership of onsite installation,
operational maintenance, testing and start up activities on Baker
Hughes GE Mark VIe Controls Instrumentation & Mechanical systems &
components in accordance with engineering best practice and
contractual work scope requirements primarily within a designated
- Provide direction and assistance to work groups in order to
meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined
parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate
complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or
- Provide general technical direction and assistance to customers
in the operation, maintenance, repair, safe handling and
installation of BHGE products.
- Provide on-site interpretation of data and technical
- Provide Project and Field Service management with complete and
prompt information regarding status of programs, customer problems,
issues & trends.
- Provide technical assistance through on-site guidance and
training in operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Provide communication to Product Support and Field Service
teams regarding all program activities and problems through
regular, timely reports.
- Assist customers in scheduling maintenance and workload
assuring that equipment and parts requirements meet established
- Review reported malfunctions and identify / analyze any
- Make recommendations on findings, reviewing effectiveness of
maintenance actions in order to identify future needs.
- Anticipate requirements beyond those that immediately affect
the program and assist in implementing actions to satisfy those
- Use initiative and experience to interpret, and communicate
significant market intelligence and sales opportunities for both
assigned programs and ongoing customer support.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university (OR
High School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution
with a minimum 4 years of experience in a field service and/or
- Minimum 2 years of experience in field service and/or
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or
university is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience on GE MK V, VI & MKVIe control systems
- Knowledge and experience on BGHE Multi-stage Centrifugal Gas
Compressors & related Dry Gas Seal Systems is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Experience in leading site construction & maintenance
- Proven analytical and quality improvement ability
- Freeport, TX
BHGE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in
the United States for this opening.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran
status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Keywords: Baker Hughes, a GE Company, Austin , FIELD SPEC II - Freeport, TX, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!