Posted on: May 18, 2019
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking talented Senior Designer
for our San Antonio, TX or Austin, TX (Design Studo) facility.
Executes and/or guides creating concepts and design and/or coding
of marketing/brand communications and/or graphic user interface
needs. Works closely with key partners and manages suppliers to
ensure quality output and production. Collaborates with key
stakeholders to understand business needs. Job Requirements ABOUT
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40
Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For , and we've ranked among
Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years
straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage
veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA S CHIEF DESIGN OFFICE
USAA has been powering innovation with empathy for nearly 100
years. Within the Chief Design Office (CDO), we reaffirm our
commitment to build for the future and humanize the digital
experience. CDO is comprised of 200+ multi-disciplinary designers,
teachers, students, empathizers, explorers, doodlers, and even
unicyclists. Spanning three locations (San Antonio, Austin and
Plano), we have varied backgrounds across all design disciplines,
from self-taught to advanced degrees.
As designers at USAA, we are measured by delivering on our mission:
to help facilitate the financial security of our members. With
access to millions of USAA members, we craft informed solutions
through human-centered design that demonstrate value and meaning
based on real needs. We continually engage our business partners
and members to ensure we are focused on the right solutions. As
technology continues to evolve at a rapid pace, we recognize the
need to not only stay current, but also look beyond, all for the
benefit of our members.
- Creates and executes concepts, designs, and/or coding and may
guide production of complex and integrated visual/technical
- Applies, and may teach, advanced knowledge of design principles
and business objectives.
- Presents and communicates design objectives, concepts and
executions to partners and stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to ensure all executions
- Ensures compliance with design, brand, legal and/or
accessibility standards/requirements, as required.
- Create design concepts and/or prototypes for use in usability
- Facilitates the development or improvement of design processes,
procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Serves as a mentor to peers and team members.
- Resolve design and technical issues through an understanding of
the business and design principles.
- Clearly articulates the various facets of the issue and
- Contributes to the alignment of member experiences across
projects, programs, products and channels. Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or 4 years of design work experience
- 6 or more years experience in advertising or digital
- Advanced understanding of marketing/advertising and/or user
experience and/or interactive design principles.
- Advanced communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience facilitating cross functional initiatives and
influencing business decisions.
- Self-motivated and able to work well with a diverse group of
- Experience meeting tight deadlines.
- Advanced skills in print and traditional media channels. and/or
digital channel technologies (e.g., HTML5, CSS and
- Advanced skills Advanced with the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Advanced experience in iOS and Android design.
- Holistic knowledge and experience applying end to end HCD
techniques including research, design, and usability
- Experience creating solutions based on identified and validated
- Experience using Invision and Sketch
- Agile experience
- Intermediate Prototyping skills The above description reflects
the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in
the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Austin , Senior Designer, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!