Superintendent II - Special Projects (Interiors)
Company: Balfour Beatty Construction Inc
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a
comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries,
comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off
and volunteer hours, education assistance and much more
* Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
* Health Savings Account
* 401(k) with company match
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical
* Vacation Time
* Sick Time
* Paid Personal Days
* Paid Volunteer time
* Tuition Assistance
* Employee Referral Bonus
Balfour Beatty Construction in Austin, Texas is seeking a
Superintendent II to join the Special Projects (Interiors) team.
This role assists the Senior Superintendent by managing designated
field activities associated with the project and supervision of
designated field construction work by subcontractors and employees.
Assists the project team to ensure the project is built on time,
within budget, and in accordance with Balfour Beatty Construction s
policies & procedures and the focus on our vision and purpose
through Service, Talent and Choices.
* Reviews and updates progress and cost reports, schedules, and
requirements for completion on a regular basis to support and
assist the Project Manager/Senior Superintendent.
* Participates in preconstruction planning, when possible,
regarding the project schedule and budget. Reviews project
estimates and cost control system at the beginning of the
* Understands project specifications, the contract, and the
contract s general conditions, and confirms that all materials and
subcontract work comply with contract documents and quality
* Ensures all materials are properly tested according to
specifications, and ensures all test results are properly
* Directs and coordinates subcontractor and Balfour Beatty
Construction field personnel in designated areas of expertise.
* Assists the Senior Superintendent in communicating a consistent
level of expectations and direction with subcontractors and
employees, regarding schedules, construction methods, company
policies and procedures, permits, safety, quality control and other
* Collaborates with Senior Superintendent to ensure project site
and company assets are secure, and maintains a safe and respectful
working environment at all times by implementing safety, EEO, risk
management, training, and quality control programs.
* Attends weekly project progress meetings with all subcontractor
representatives and understands the upcoming week s work to be
* Assists Senior Superintendent in ensuring the project closeout
process is finalized to settle all financial obligations,
demobilize all resources, and transition the project to the
* Builds effective relationships with customers, design team,
subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support
company core values and meets or exceeds the customer s
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* 7 or more years of Interiors commercial construction field
* 3 or more years of direct supervisory experience related to
* Proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company
communication tools, such as email, the internet, and Microsoft
products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
* Ability to read plans and specs.
* Scheduling experience or sequence experience using software
* Previous or current working experience in an Interiors
Superintendent or Interiors Assistant Superintendent role
* 10 or more years of Interiors commercial construction field
* Local Austin Interiors market experience, very helpful.
* Makes decisions under tight deadlines.
* Organizes people, tools, and equipment and plan/manage multiple
activities to accomplish desired results.
* Exhibits commitment to quality by evaluating project-related
processes and making necessary changes, using customer input to
make improvements, and meeting or exceeding internal and external
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general
contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build
services for public and private sector clients across the nation.
Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build
the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important
role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities.
Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is
fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices
and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through
Zero Harm , we are challenging the construction industry s
assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should
come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation s largest building
contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a
subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the
value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national
origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any
other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Balfour Beatty Construction Inc, Austin , Superintendent II - Special Projects (Interiors), Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!