Mid-Level UI/Visual Designer
Posted on: May 18, 2019
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking talented UI/Visual Designer
- Mid Level for our San Antonio, TX (Riverwalk) or Austin, TX
(Austin Design Studio) facility.
Executes creating concepts, design, production and/or coding of
marketing tactics and/or graphic user interface needs. Works
closely with key partners/suppliers to ensure quality output and
production. Collaborates with key stakeholders to understand
business needs. Job Requirements ABOUT USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40
Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For , and we've ranked among
Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years
straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage
veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA S CHIEF DESIGN OFFICE
USAA has been powering innovation with empathy for nearly 100
years. Within the Chief Design Office (CDO), we reaffirm our
commitment to build for the future and humanize the digital
experience. CDO is comprised of 200+ multi-disciplinary designers,
teachers, students, empathizers, explorers, doodlers, and even
unicyclists. Spanning three locations (San Antonio, Austin and
Plano), we have varied backgrounds across all design disciplines,
from self-taught to advanced degrees.
As designers at USAA, we are measured by delivering on our mission:
to help facilitate the financial security of our members. With
access to millions of USAA members, we craft informed solutions
through human-centered design that demonstrate value and meaning
based on real needs. We continually engage our business partners
and members to ensure we are focused on the right solutions. As
technology continues to evolve at a rapid pace, we recognize the
need to not only stay current, but also look beyond, all for the
benefit of our members.
- Executes concepts, designs, and/or coding of integrated
- Applies mature knowledge of design principles; and develops
knowledge of business objectives.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to ensure all executions
- Ensures compliance with design, brand, legal and/or
accessibility standards/requirements, as required.
- Executes design concepts and/or prototypes for use in usability
- Facilitates the development and improvement initiatives for
design processes, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members.
- May resolve design and technical issues through an
understanding of the business and design principles.
- Clearly articulates the various facets of the issue and leads
the team to resolution.
- Contributes to the alignment of member experiences across
projects, programs, products and channels. Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or 4 additional years of related design
- 4 or more years of experience in advertising or digital
- Fully proficient understanding of marketing/advertising and/or
user experience and/or interactive design principles.
- Fully proficient skills in print and traditional media channels
and/or digital channel technologies (e.g., HTML5, CSS and
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office and Visio. Preferred
- Portfolio showing experience designing solutions for
challenging user needs
- Experience with Large Infrastructure and IT Systems (doesn t
have to be Banking)
- Familiar with Agile and Agile Teams
- Focus on quality of Design (visual) work
- Familiar with Design Thinking methods BENEFITS
USAA's most valuable resource is our 33,000 employees. We promote a
culture of diversity and inclusion, encouraging varied perspectives
Our team enjoys world-class benefits, pay and highly competitive
reward opportunities, including comprehensive healthcare, wellness
and wealth building programs, employee resource groups, 401K
matching dollar-for-dollar up to 8% of pay, career planning,
continuing education, and parental leave. We promote a strong
work-life balance with a variety of on-site services and
conveniences depending on location, including a daycare, health
center and pharmacy, multiple dining options, company stores,
covered parking and free fitness centers. USAA is a casual dress
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in
the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Associated topics: gui, interactive producer, interface, ui, ui
designer, user experience, user interface, ux designer, ux ui
Keywords: USAA, Austin , Mid-Level UI/Visual Designer, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!