Utility Locator- Austin
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Job Title Utility Locator- Austin Location Austin, TX 73301 Other Location Description
Are you looking to jump start your growth in your professional career? How about working for one of the fastest growing underground utility locating companies in the nation? If you are a quality conscious, hard-working individual who loves working outdoors, then you should consider a career at USIC!
As we look to continue leading the industry in quality and safety, we need people to join our team who are problem solvers, confident, take pride in public safety and are comfortable in a fast paced, exciting work environment. From your first day with us, you will have a direct impact on the safety and protection of the local communities where we live and work.
We are currently hiring throughout Austin, TX. The starting pay for this position is $15.00 per hour.
Our technicians spend their workdays on the go, working independently in the field using their company provided vehicle. You will utilize our state of the art ticket and claims management systems to ensure clear and complete mark-out services for the excavator or property owner at the work site.
Your Responsibilities as a Locator:
- You will be responsible for the correct, safe and efficient locating of underground utilities including: telecommunications, electric power, cable TV, gas, water and sewer systems
- Taking time to thoroughly search for underground utilities in an area, properly marking the location, completing the necessary paperwork and photographing each locate You'll be working outdoors in all types of weather conditions and use a company provided laptop to document and close all tickets. We have a 48-hour turnaround time on all locates, which means we generally work the day after holidays and some weekends, as needed.
These are daytime, full-time positions and overtime will be required. Instructor led training will be provided. No prior locating experience is necessary.
Why You'll Love Working for Us (Our Benefits)
- 100% Paid Training - We're invested in you, starting on your first day
- Company vehicle - All work-related expenses are paid. This means you won't be putting mileage on your personal vehicle for work.
- A company laptop, phone and equipment
- Advancement opportunities - We promote from within the company
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid holidays
- A 401(k) with company match What We Need from You (Our Requirements)
- Be able and willing to work outdoors in various weather conditions. Previous outdoor experience is a plus!
- Be able to work in a confined space; walk, bend and lift up to 75 pounds
- Be computer proficient
- Available to work overtime and weekends (as needed)
- HS Diploma or GED required
- Able to pass a drug screen
- Have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pay Range $15.00 None to $0.00 None Associated topics: emr, environment, environmental, hazard, health, inspector, nursing, sewer system, scba, water
Keywords: Source2, Austin , Utility Locator- Austin, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!