Company: University of Texas System
Posted on: February 7, 2024
Earliest Start Date
Salary commensurate with experience
Hours per Week
40.00 Standard from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Office of Talent and Innovation
Required Application Materials
A resume and letter of interest is required to apply. Candidates
under final consideration will also be required to submit
professional references, college degree information, and employment
history to an online third-party vendor.
For more than 140 years, The University of Texas System has
improved the lives of Texans - and people all over the world -
through education, health care, and research. The System consists
of nine academic institutions, five health institutions, and The
University of Texas System Administration. The institutions of the
UT System employ more than 116,000 faculty, health care
professionals, researchers, support staff, and student workers.
The UT System Administration is primarily based in Austin, Texas.
It supports the missions of the System's fourteen institutions by
providing financial, legal, planning, purchasing, government
relations, communications, development, and other central services.
Serving a growing state, the UT System Administration strives to
provide a welcoming, supportive work environment that embraces
different perspectives - not only because it enables the
organization to be stronger, creative, and thoughtful, but because
it is the right thing to do. To that end, UT System Administration
embraces state laws on and employment preferences.
Purpose of Position
Under direct supervision of the Compensation Manager, assists in
the development, implementation, and administration of compensation
programs for UT System Administration.
Job Analysis and Evaluation:
- Support the delivery of job analysis and job evaluation
processes; produce job descriptions/role profiles and associated
- Evaluates and analyzes job descriptions and salaries for
Classified and Administrative & Professional (A&P)
- Audits job evaluation of positions and application of existing
classifications to individuals.Compensation Program Design:
- Support the design and delivery of employee compensation
structures and programs, providing relevant internal financial
analyses and analysis of external practices.
- Assists in updating the salary structure.Human Resources Data
Analytics and Insight:
- Deliver analyses of Human Resources data; identify trends and
contribute to the creation of Human Resources insights that enable
the diagnosis of business issues, enhancement of employee
engagement, and/or improvement of business performance.
- Assist the Compensation Manager in gathering and compiling of
employee data for quarterly Human Resources Metric dashboard.Annual
- Support the delivery of the annual review; provide relevant
payroll and market pay analyses; contribute to the drafting of
communications and the preparation of management decision-making
- Assist the Compensation Manager in review of annual and ad hoc
salary and position requests for approval, including analysis of
internal equity and external market review.
- Assists in administration of performance appraisal and salary
administration programs, reviewing changes in wages and salaries
for conformance to policy.Information and Business Advice:
- Resolve queries from internal or external customers or
suppliers by providing information on complex processes and the
related policies, referring to others where necessary for
interpretation of policy.
- Conducts and participates in compensation surveys.
- Assist in the systemwide coordination of the annual Mercer
Benchmark Database survey.
- Reviews position reporting for Standard Occupation Codes,
Military Occupation Codes, and others for compliance.HR Data
- Carry out complex HR data processing tasks; advise colleagues
when needed and use expertise to help improve data collection tools
and administration processes.
- Assist in the review, editing, and approval of electronic
personnel action forms (eForms) within Oracle-based HR information
system database (PeopleSoft).Personal Capacity Building:
- Develop own capabilities by participating in assessment and
development planning activities as well as formal and informal
training and coaching. Develop and maintain an understanding of
relevant technology, external regulation, and industry best
practices through ongoing education, attending conferences, and
reading specialist media.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Successful candidates are not required to possess all the KSAs
listed. Any combination of the listed KSAs would suffice.Behavioral
- Ensures Accountability
- Business Insight
- Manages Complexity
- Communicates Effectively
- Financial Acumen
- Decision Quality
- Nimble Learning
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Compensation knowledge
- Planning and Organizing
- Compliance Management
- Data Control
- Policy Development and Implementation
- Presentation Skills
- Action Planning
- Learning and Talent Development
- Verbal Communication
- HR Systems and Tools Knowledge
- Time Accounting
- Word Processor Software Knowledge
- Presentation Creation
- Spreadsheet Expertise
- Document Management
- Database Reporting
- Database User Interfaces and Queries
High school diploma. Three years administrative experience. Each
year of college (30 semester hours) may substitute for one year of
experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in human resources and/or compensation
- MS Office experience
- Working knowledge of PowerBI
- May work around standard office conditions.
- Uses standard office equipment.
- Requires occasional evening or weekend hours.
The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System
of Texas (TRS), subject to a minimum of 20 hours per week and at
least 135 days in length.A background check will be conducted on
candidates under final consideration. The background check may
include any or all of the following: criminal history check, prior
employment verification, education verification, professional
references check, and motor vehicle records check. Background
checks are conducted by third-party vendors. Upon request form the
third-party vendor, candidates under final consideration must
provide the required information for the background checks to be
The University of Texas System is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or
sexual orientation. Reasonable disability accommodation may be
requested by contacting the Office of Talent and
Keywords: University of Texas System, Austin , Compensation Specialist, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!