Principal Systems Engineer - Remote
Posted on: May 28, 2023
The Hosting Operations team is seeking an initiative-taking and
experienced individual to implement capabilities including best
practice, audits, enhanced monitoring, and automated problem
management on Altera. This individual will work closely with the
Business Unit leaders, Support leadership team, SDO, Altera
internal IT, partners, and vendors.
This is a remote role in the US.
- Drive continuous improvement projects and implementation of
best practices for monitoring, and automated problem management
- Help Improve tooling and process capabilities including:
- Increased automation
- Better functionality
- Better integration with other tools
- Increased business analytics
- Strong problem management and development management
- Ability to measure, understand, and identify new success
criteria in proactive services capabilities.
- Knowledge of Azure policy, Azure cost plans and Azure best
practices for technical and financial configuration
- Work with Hosting leadership, automation team and various
architects to define, implement and be accountable for best
practice performance and cost management.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks. Demonstrated
knowledge of project management concepts and techniques
Contribution towards the team synergy:
- Coach, and mentor junior team members and provide
- Complete root cause analysis and share with team members to
improve team processes.
- Knowledge transfer with other team members to improve overall
team education level.
- Take ownership of assigned task(s) and provide project
- Actively participate in the project meeting.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, management information
systems or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Post-graduation qualifications or technical certifications
- 8-10 years of experience with monitoring and proactive
- Knowledge of Application/Infrastructure Monitoring
tools/solutions: DynaTrace/AppDynamics/NewRelic or other
Application Performance management tools.
- Experience in Microsoft Azure Cloud.
- Experience in Windows server infrastructure and .Net based
- Intermediate experience with SQL. E.g. SQL Jobs, SQL queries,
Blocking, Always On
- Experience with ITSM tools such as ServiceNow.
- Knowledge of ITIL framework (V3.0 foundation
- Knowledge/Experience on office applications,
- May require other travel for business needs
- Work is performed in a remote environment with minimal exposure
to health or safety hazards
Keywords: Alterahealth, Austin , Principal Systems Engineer - Remote, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...