Manufacturing Development Program, Bastrop ISD
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Accelerate your education and career with the Tesla Manufacturing
Development Program (MDP). Through MDP, you will be registered in
7-weeks of full-time training at Austin Community College,
completing courses in electronics, robotics programming, mechanical
systems, and production best practices. Upon successful completion
of the program, you will be converted to a full-time Production
Associate at Tesla and have the ability to grow your career in
- Complete standard work process and follow work instructions,
procedures, and rotate as required.
- Demonstrate flexibility as needed by the business.
- Operate complex manufacturing equipment under supervision.
- Escalate technical and process issues to the appropriate
support groups and leaders.
- Production Associates must be able to perform a wide array of
essential functions across a number of production and manufacturing
lines and work areas, as business needs require. Follow safety
guidelines & procedures.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism.
- Exemplary attendance and punctuality are crucial for the team
to achieve success. Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills & adapt to new work
- Comfortable learning new technology.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must have command of the English language, both written and
- Upcn successful completion of the program, you must be at least
18 years of age to start as a full-time Production Associate.
- All potential employees will be required to successfully pass a
comprehensive background check. Work Environment / Essential
Ability to perform physically demanding work for extended periods
of time, up to 12 hours a day including but not limited to:
- Frequently and repetitively, bend, lift and reach to install
vehicle parts of varying size and weight overhead, accurately and
in allotted timeframes.
- Frequently and repetitively, lift, push and carry up to 35
- The ability to carry 20 lbs. up and down stairs.
- Ability to stand and walk for up to 12 hours/day, including
over varied and uneven terrain.
- Stoop, lay, bend, reach, squat, kneel, crouch, twist and crawl
for extended periods of time, including up to 12 hours/day.
- Climb and maintain balance on ladders, scaffolding or other
- Ability to find issues in a work process and receive safety
signals using sight, touch, and hearing.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and manipulate tooling and
mechanically fasten bolts within required cycle time, quickly and
accurately during new hire training and maintaining ability
- Exposures to hazardous materials used in the painting process
and ability to follow waste handling/disposal procedures.
- Wearing Personal Protective Equipment, including but not
limited to: safety glasses, safety shoes, bump caps, hearing
protection, full-face respirators, gloves, and adhering to
prescribed safety rules and guidelines.
- Open to schedule flexibility that will allow for a variety of
shifts, including days, nights, overnight, and/or weekends as
needed as well as potential overtime.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented production or manufacturing
environment, including exhibiting strong interpersonal and
communication skills with your teammates.
- Ability and willingness to maintain a safe and collaborative
work environment. Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are
eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both
have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when
enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and
other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital
indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
Keywords: Tesla, Austin , Manufacturing Development Program, Bastrop ISD, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...