Global Network Engineer (Hybrid: Onsite & WFH)
Company: Thermon, Inc.
Posted on: March 19, 2023
The Role The Global Network Engineer will focus on the
acquisition of technology assets and manage the process of
retirement and replacement of Thermon's networking infrastructure.
They will be responsible for the daily operation of all Local Area
Networks, and Wide Area Networks including the hardware, software
operating systems, wireless technologies, edge security devices,
applications, and end-user support. This role will report to the IT
Operations Manager located in Austin, TX. T The Network Engineer
can be based out of the following offices:
- Austin, TX
- Houston, TX
- San Marcos, TX
- Work from home schedule available as well (Hybrid) What You
- Develop and implement standards and guidelines for managing
- Maintain the backup and recovery of the network infrastructure
in accordance with the IT disaster recovery plan.
- Research latest technologies on the market including network
capacity and security designs based on specific project needs
and/or general department guidelines for high-performing, reliable
service, ensuring acquisition of hardware and software most
- Manage and coordinate the procurement and acquisition process
for obtaining technology assets, developing technical
specifications for such acquisitions.
- Design and maintain the switching and routing infrastructure,
including network services, in-building wiring plans,
installations, upgrades, and end-user support.
- Evaluate new and existing technologies and makes
recommendations to enhance efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Perform network equipment and software maintenance in a
competent and timely manner.
- Maintain accurate and current inventory of all IT
- Maintain accurate and current port maps for all core,
distribution, and edge devices.
- Design and update network diagrams in a clear and concise
- Provide 24 hour on-call service as needed for emergency
- Complete other related tasks as assigned.
- Maintain data center components (UPS etc.). Qualifications
- 7-10 years of network administration experience required.
- Superb organizational and time management skills to include
meticulous attention to detail.
- Must be able to work under pressure and adhere to
- Extensive working knowledge of Cisco routing and switching as
well as Meraki technologies.
- Strong working knowledge of MPLS and SDWAN technologies.
- Strong working knowledge of OSPF and BGP routing
- CCNP preferred, will consider CCNA with the right
- Expert level skills with VPN's and wireless technologies.
- Prior experience with Cisco ISE preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent client service skills and the ability to promote and
maintain a strong commitment to the mission and values of the
organization. Who We Are Looking For We are looking for someone who
is passionate about their work, who brings positivity and energy
everyday. Someone who is committed in helping and making Thermon
the world leader in process heating solutions. If the following
describes you..., what are you waiting for, apply! Drive for
Results: Is high energy, action oriented and focused on producing
good outcomes. Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is
constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very
bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others forward to
the goal. Champions Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen
as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth
in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidence; admits
mistakes; doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
Intellectual Horsepower: Able to grasp complex issues and
understand the essence of the challenges at hand. Assimilates new
information quickly and does not get overwhelmed when needing to
move quickly from one topic to another. Customer Focus: Is
dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal
and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and
uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with
customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective
relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift
gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total
picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to
finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and
uncertainty. Collaboration: Is able to develop strong relationships
with leaders and employees at all levels and areas of
responsibility within the company and is able to work effectively
across functional boundaries in a matrix environment. Problem
Solver: Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads
situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough
agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground
and get cooperation with minimum noise. Deals fairly with
non-performance and is unafraid to deliver tough messages when
necessary. Who We Are Thermon, Inc., (NYSE: THR) is an Industrial
Technology company headquartered in Austin, Texas. Through its
global network, Thermon provides safe, reliable and mission
critical industrial process heating solutions. Thermon serves the
global energy, power generation and chemical markets to provide
innovative solutions for industrial heating applications by deeply
understanding our customers' needs. Thermon specializes in
providing complete flow assurance, process heating, temperature
maintenance, freeze protection and environmental monitoring
solutions. Our values of Care, Commit and Collaborate are the
bedrock of how we conduct business both internally and externally.
Thermon has an established record of innovation and excellence. We
recognize this is only possible with the hard work and dedication
of our employees. We strive to maintain a dynamic and diverse
workforce. We offer environments where collaboration, mentoring and
professional growth are encouraged. Ideal candidates for our team
will recognize the value of being a part of an organization that
not only provides a competitive wage but that also promises a great
career. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest,
however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
https://www.thermon.com/us/careers IT, network, CCNA, CCNP
Keywords: Thermon, Inc., Austin , Global Network Engineer (Hybrid: Onsite & WFH), Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...