22/23 Elementary School Lead Custodian
Company: Leander Independent School District
Posted on: March 17, 2023
07 - Custodial Services
$17.37/hr + approved work experience
If hired, the State Board for Educator Certification will require
all first time applicants for an initial credential to be
fingerprinted as part of a national criminal background check. A
cost of up to $49.00 will be charged for fingerprinting. PRIMARY
To provide students with a safe, attractive, comfortable, clean and
efficient place in which to learn, play and develop.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Check with front office, meet with Day and Night Custodians for
pending issues, check e-mail and work with any machine needing
- For campus evening events as required, unlock restrooms, place
trash cans, and set side tables.
- Develop and maintain a cleaning schedule that will include
classroom floors, furniture, bathrooms, windows, facilities, and
- Monitor paper and soap dispensers for refills as needed.
- Take out trash from all classrooms, bathrooms and offices.
- Sanitize bathrooms in the designated area.
- Vacuum classroom, office, hallways and Multi-Purpose Room
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of supplies and
- Report promptly to the Administrative Assistant, Custodial Area
Supervisor, Assistant Director of Custodial Services any acts of
vandalism, defects, or accidental destruction that may prove
injurious to students and staff.
- Assign staff for custodial duties when required for
extra-curricular activities, or team cleaning in case of
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment and order
additional supplies per order schedule.
- Ensure the building is secured during evening hours and energy
management policies are followed.
- Monitor heating, cooling, and ventilation systems; reports any
malfunctions to principal or Plant Services.
- Coordinate moving furniture and equipment as required.
- May be required the use of a lift to clean and dust high
surfaces in MPR's and gyms.
- Must be able to work weekends when needed for scheduled school
- Must be able to cover the day shift, if needed, in coordination
with the Custodial Supervisor.
- Demonstrates regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide daily operational oversight to elementary school campus
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- General experience in custodial or cleaning work.
- Knowledge of cleaning techniques and procedures.
- Skill in the use of custodial materials, chemicals and
- Ability to read, understand and follow written and verbal
instructions and operate custodial equipment; read, write, and
speak English to effectively communicate.
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with
Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties,
responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities noted herein;
however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and
tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
- Ability to understand, remember, and communicate routine,
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule on
- Ability to make decisions which have moderate impact on
immediate work unit.
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written
instructions of other information.
- Must move about inside the building to perform custodial
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to clean at higher
- Constantly positions self to be able to reach items on floor or
- Constantly standing and walking for long periods of work
- Frequently moves equipment, supplies, furniture or trash
weighing up to 50 pounds.
- May be exposed to strong smells from cleaning solutions.
- May be exposed to intermittent sounds of a loud nature.
- Operate medium weight cleaning equipment such as vacuum, floor
buffer, and carpet extractor.
- Maintain composure and professionalism at all times.
Keywords: Leander Independent School District, Austin , 22/23 Elementary School Lead Custodian, Other , Leander, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...