Lead Application Engineer_.NET/C#
Company: Charles Schwab
Posted on: March 17, 2023
We are looking for a Lead Application Engineer to join the Trading team that builds and runs high throughput, low latency trading applications. The role will be part of our Sprint based Agile teams playing a dual role supporting the existing Trading platform while building out cloud target architecture and efficiently modernize applications in fast-paced environment. You will design, build, and deploy Schwab's next generation trading platform. We work hard and have fun in what you do!
What you are good at
* As a lead developer you will be a self-driven individual contributor leading multiple projects/initiatives concurrently; provide efficiently organized and designed logic; be highly motivated and well versed in developing robust easily maintainable applications.
* You can quickly understand complex problems and come up with simple solutions.
* Ability to communicate well with teams and leaders of the organization; have good listening skills and ask great questions
* Working closely with senior stakeholders to understand business requirements and help translate these into technical requirements for the development team
* Partner with other Global Technology domains and the Architecture Groups to help shape our technical vision and deliver systems that serve our clients
* Planning and documenting technical specifications for features or system design
* Designing, building, and configuring applications to meet business process and application requirements
* Directing the development team in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of applications
* Writing testable, scalable, and efficient code for business-critical components and leading code reviews
* Mentoring junior team members and ensuring they adhere to software quality standards
* This position requires good interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
* Strong technology affinity and experience, as well as attention to detail is required.
* A willingness to learn and grow is a must. Team player with strong collaborative qualities and a positive demeanor
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations
What you have
* 6+ years of enterprise technology related experience in application development using c# .NET / .NET core
* Strong knowledge and working experience with web services (REST).
* Experience in messaging and services-based software, preferably in a cloud platform using RabbitMQ, Kafka or equivalent technologies
* Experience working in any cloud-based technologies like GCP, PCF or AWS etc.,
* Experience/knowledge with SCM (Atlassian tools Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo etc.) and DevOps tool suite is preferred
* Experience with test driven development preferred (Junit, EasyMock etc.,)
* Experience and strong fundamental knowledge in one or more types of database management systems like SQL Server, MongoDB and Redis etc.,
* Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum Experience adopting or managing continuous Integration and continuous delivery concepts and frameworks
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field OR related practical experience
"In addition to the salary range, this role is also eligible for bonus or incentive opportunities."
Keywords: Charles Schwab, Austin , Lead Application Engineer_.NET/C#, Other , Austin, Texas
here to apply!