Customer Service Representative Senior
Company: City of Austin, TX
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Bookmark this Posting - Print Preview - Apply for this Job
Posting Title Customer Service Representative Senior Job Requisition Number AE503055 Position Number 109286 Job Type Full-Time Division Name Customer Care Minimum Qualifications
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
* Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent, plus four (4) years experience in billing, credit counseling, and customer service.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
Notes to Applicants
Coaching agents, tracking questions and data to identify knowledge based deficiencies. Handle
high-level escalated customer calls concerning COA utility accounts. Conducting team meetings and
presenting feedback to business groups.
Working with Austin Energy provides a number of health and welfare benefits such as low-cost medical, dental, vision, paid leave time, a highly competitive retirement plan, career development opportunities and more. Please click HERE for more information.
* The City of Austin employment application is an official document; incomplete applications will not be considered.
* Please be sure to detail on the application all current and previous employment that you wish to be considered as part of your qualifications.
* The Employment Record should be complete with job titles, employment dates, job duties, functions, and responsibilities for each position held. Starting salary will be based on overall relevant experience from your application.
* Resumes will not be accepted and statements such as "see resume" will not be accepted. You may use "N/A" for fields that are not applicable.
* Please note that Austin Energy may close the job posting at any time after 7 days from the date of the initial advertisement. Once the job posting has closed, applications cannot be changed.
* Your skill level in some of the competency areas for this job may be assessed through skills testing.
If you are selected as a top candidate:
* Verification of your education (which may include high school graduation or GED, undergraduate and/or graduate degrees) will be required. You must provide proof of education from an accredited organization/institution.
* If you are identified as a top candidate and are in the military or a veteran, you will need to provide a copy of your DD-214 prior to confirming a start date.
* This position requires a criminal background investigation.
* This position is categorized as Essential Personnel with the City of Austin. Essential staff are required to work during emergencies or bad weather if they are scheduled to work and, in some cases, when they are not scheduled. Essential employees ensure the continuance of key operations for the City of Austin.
* Work hours may include after hours, holidays, and weekends.
* Shifts may change according to departmental needs.
* Employee may be required to work additional hours outside of regular work schedule.
$24.42 - $28.65
Monday - Friday 12:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. w/ Rotational Saturdays.
Job Close Date 03/01/2023 Type of Posting Reserved for City Employees Department Austin Energy Regular/Temporary Regular Grant Funded or Pooled Position Not Applicable Category Professional Location 4815 Mueller Blvd Austin, TX 78723 Preferred Qualifications
* Experience working in an inbound call center and familiar with call center technology and functions (i.e. Genesys and other telephony systems).
* Experience working in Austin Energy's Residential Utility Contact Center.
* Experience providing training and coaching
* Experience managing tier 2 level escalations
* Experience with Oracle's, CC&B or any other billing system.
* Bilingual in English and Spanish
* Experience reviewing and managing reports from other workgroups. (ie. ARR, AW, RMC, etc.)
* Experience managing outage queues and delegating support for call backs
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
* Answers complicated customer requests or inquiries concerning services, products, billing, and equipment. Resolves customer issues with one call resolution.
* Prepares cases for support services and other city departments.
* Processes corrections to customer accounts.
* Extracts data from city databases and create reports.
* Coordinates mailings to customers.
* Maintains and files all generated service requests.
* Receives by email, fax, or phone, frontline and escalated inquiries from customers, contractors, and other city departments requiring research, support preparation and reporting.
* Verifies customer accounts and active services using various databases and software applications.
* Researches customer account information and history to explain services, charges, and adjustments.
* Logs customer complaints, creates and updates service requests, and routes to the appropriate department(s) and/or personnel.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
* May lead and train others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
* Knowledge of basic accounting and billing procedures.
* Knowledge of city practice, policy and procedures.
* Knowledge of good customer relations practices.
* Knowledge of credit collection practices.
* Skill in oral and written communication.
* Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
* Skill in using computers and related software.
* Skill in planning and organizing.
* Ability to handle conflict and uncertain situations.
* Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
* Ability to train others.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with city employees and the public.
Criminal Background Investigation This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation. EEO/ADA
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or Texas Relay by dialing 7-1-1.
The City of Austin will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, religion, veteran status, disability, or sexual orientation. In addition, the City will not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of an individual's AIDS, AIDS Related Complex, or HIV status; nor will the City discriminate against individuals who are perceived to be at risk of HIV infection, or who associate with individuals who are believed to be at risk.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* * This position requires graduation from high school or equivalent, plus four (4) years experience in billing, credit counseling, and customer service.
* * Do you have experience working in a high volume inbound call center and are you familiar with call center technology and functions
* * Do you have experience working in Austin Energy's Residential Utility Contact Center?
* * Do you have experience providing training and coaching?
* * Do you have experience with Oracle CC&B or other utility billing systems?
* * Do you have experience managing reports from other workgroups?
* * This position requires a 12 pm to 9 pm shift Monday-Friday with mandatory overtime. Do you have the ability to work this shift on a permanent basis?
* * Are you bilingual in Spanish and English?
* * Do you have experience managing outage queues and delegating support for call backs
* * If identified as a top candidate, do you agree to a criminal background check (CBI)?
* * This position is categorized as an Essential Personnel position. Essential Personnel are required to come to work during emergencies and/or bad weather if they are scheduled to work and in some cases when they are not scheduled. Can you work this schedule as required?
Optional & Required Documents
Bookmark this Posting - Print Preview - Apply for this Job
Keywords: City of Austin, TX, Austin , Customer Service Representative Senior, Other , Austin, Texas
here to apply!