Patient Services Coordinator
Location: Dripping Springs
Posted on: January 27, 2023
ABOUT AUSTIN REGIONAL CLINIC:
Austin Regional Clinic has been voted a top Central Texas employer
by our employees for over 10 years!We are one of central Texas'
largest professional medical groups with 25+ locations and we are
continuing to grow. We offer the following benefits to eligible
team members: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts,
PTO, 401(k), EAP, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Tuition
Reimbursement, Child Care Assistance, Health & Fitness, Sick Child
Care Assistance, Development and more. For additional information
Serves as an initial point of contact in a clinic setting by
performing check-in/check-out functions and booking patient
appointments. Carries out all duties while maintaining compliance
and confidentiality and promoting the mission and philosophy of the
- Books appointments utilizing computer systemWhen booking
appointments, also confirms and/or makes any changes to demographic
information and notifies patient of account balance.
- Greets patients and arrives them on computer system.
- Verifies insurance eligibility by using online resources,
- Ensures appropriate paperwork is complete and up-to-date and
scans insurance card, if applicable.
- Collects payments from patients, posts amounts, and balances
drawer for end of day deposit.
- Prints face sheets, receipts, and other documents as
- Notifies appropriate personnel of emergencies, messages,
patient arrivals, etc.
- Confirms in advance patient appointments.
- Runs reschedule reports and books rescheduled appointments as
necessary. Ensures report is accurate and current.
- Verifies Worker's Compensation claims, ensures that paperwork
is complete, and performs follow-up.
- Assists patients with setting up payment plans.
- Issues receipts for payment.
- Books follow-up appointments.
- Adheres to all company policies, including but not limited to,
OSHA, HIPAA, compliance and Code of Conduct.
- Regular and dependable attendance.
- Follows the core competencies set forth by the Company, which
are available for review on CMSweb.
- Works holiday shift(s) as required by Company policy.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- May perform patient registration functions by collecting and
entering demographic and insurance related information into
computer system in order to set up patient accounts.
- Creates master deposit as directed.
- Responsible for handling the sort/distribute of Rightfax
- Processing onsite release of information requests.
- Priority on-sight sorting, scanning, numbering loose
- Runs wait list report and distributes as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Required: High school diploma or GED. Experience using a PC in a
Preferred: Experience working in a medical setting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of medical insurance.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent computer, 10-key and keyboarding skills, including
familiarity with Windows.
- Excellent interpersonal & problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to engage others, listen and adapt response to meet
- Ability to align own actions with those of other team members
committed to common goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform job duties in a professional manner at all
- Ability to understand, recall, and communicate, factual
- Ability to understand, recall, and apply oral and/or written
instructions or other information.
- Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable
- Ability to apply common sense in performing job.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Keywords: ARC, Austin , Patient Services Coordinator, Other , Dripping Springs, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!