Company: Sage Hospitality
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Centrally located in downtown, Sheraton Austin features 367
beautifully appointed guest rooms, Brand
new club lounge offering an extended hot continental breakfast and
daily evening hors d'oeuvres and a
state-of-the-art fitness facility. Conveniently located in the
heart of Austin, walk to restaurants, music
venues and bars. Only a 3-minute drive to the University of Texas
Campus. Easy access on and off of I-35
for a short commute to and from Austin Bergstrom International
As part of Sage Hospitality Group, we passionately strive to be the
best and create excellence in
everything we do. We believe in enriching lives one experience at a
time. More than a slogan, we
empower our employees to make positive impacts on the communities
in which we live and work. By
providing genuine service we build relationships with our guests
and value for our shareholders, and we
create unforgettable experiences.
We are looking for independent thinkers. Those who harness their
entrepreneurial spirit so that it
breaks preconceived notions. We're not afraid to forge our own
path. After all, it's what industry leaders
do. That's why we welcome risk takers and creative spirits alike.
No matter your daily role, Sage
recognizes that your success is about more than the work you
do-it's really about who you are, which
is why we invest in your personal and professional growth. We hope
you consider joining us!
Cleans and prepares guest rooms by meeting established standards of
cleanliness and propriety to assure guest satisfaction and maximize
- Retrieves items from shelves and storerooms, sets up cleaning
cart with supplies, constantly maintaining carts and storerooms in
a clean and orderly fashion to enhance efficiency and ease of
- Cleans and wipes windows, doors, walls, closets and fixtures in
rooms, public areas and hallways, often using ladders or stools to
clean hard to reach areas, in order to maintain a clean,
presentable and attractive facility at all times. Washes shower
walls and tub, cleans toilet(s) and stall walls if applicable,
wipes exposed pipes, cleans mirrors, sink(s) and walls in order to
have clean and sanitary guest and public restrooms.
- Replaces towels, soaps and all room amenities and restocks
literature that has been removed by previous guest or is soiled and
torn to ensure adequate supply for arriving guests.
- Washes all hard floor areas (linoleum, tile, etc.) by hand to
remove dirt and soiled areas.
- Dusts and polishes all furniture, fixtures and wall hangings
including using a duster to reach vents and ceiling corners to
remove dust and cobwebs.
- Strips bed of all linen and remakes with fresh, checking
bedspread, blankets and bed pads for cleanliness, replacing if
- Lifts mattresses to check for soil between mattresses and under
- Checks closet for cleanliness, wiping closet door, handle and
overhead shelves and restocking the guest room supplies such as
hangers, extra blankets and pillows.
- Vacuums rooms, public areas and hallways, operating vacuums
weighing up to 25lbs., and lifting/moving heavy furniture in order
to vacuum entire area of carpet including underneath furniture and
hard to reach areas.
- Inspects all door and window locks to ensure they are in
working order and immediately alerts management to an unsecured or
unsafe situation for the safety of guests and employees.
- Inspects all room equipment (TV, lights/lamps, faucets, radios)
to ensure proper working order and immediately reports all room
status and room maintenance deficiencies, in writing, to the
Executive Housekeeper for prompt repair/resolution.
- Secures and maintains custody of equipment, keys and supplies
at all times in order to protect and preserve hotel property.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed
necessary by management
No formal education or training
- Must have basic knowledge of general cleaning principles, use
of cleaning products and operation of standard cleaning
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal/written
instructions and communicate both verbally and in writing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. continually throughout a
- Must be able to push, pull and move levers, equipment and
furniture throughout a shift.
- Must be able to work with arms raised above head throughout a
- Must be able to maneuver fully loaded maid cart, weighing up to
50lbs., through hallways and into/out of closets during entire work
- Ability to identify minute debris and dirt in poorly lit areas,
and to read written instructions and computer print-outs.
- Prolonged strenuous physical activity in indoor
- Excessive heat and humidity in laundry. Inside 95% of
Keywords: Sage Hospitality, Austin , Room Attendant, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!