Company: Texas Veterans Commission
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Please Note: All applications must contain complete job
histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of
employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of
duties performed._College transcripts must be attached to the
application_. *To receive Veteran's preference, a copy of the FORM
DD214 -member #4, must be attached when submitting your
application.* If this information is not submitted, your
application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do
not take the place of this required information.*Submitted Through
Work in Texas: *Work in Texas (WIT) applicants must complete the
supplemental questions to be considered for the posting. To
complete the supplemental questions please go to CAPPS Recruit to
register or login and access your profile. CAPPS
Description:Performs highly advanced (senior-level) informational
and communications work in support of the Fund for Veterans
Assistance grant programs. Work involves overseeing the research,
writing, editing, and production of program content, maps, online
directories, and other materials for release through various
communications media (news, print, digital, web page and/or social
media) and for use by the agency, the public, and other
agencies.Coordinates communications between the department and
organizations seeking grant funding and facilitates virtual and
in-person informational meetings and town halls.May supervise the
work of others and serve as project coordinator for public service
announcements, reports, and public meetings. Works under minimal
supervision, with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and
independent judgment./To promote a strong environment, TVC
maintains a telecommuting policy. The policy is decided by division
and contingent on continued performance./Examples of Work
- Oversees the preparation and distribution of organizational
publications, news, and informational releases, talking points and
scripts, advisories, newsletters, fact sheets, and content for Web
sites and social media, including illustrative, photographic, and
audiovisual content of products.
- Oversees the planning and implementation of public information
programs, conferences, seminars, outreach events, virtual webinars
and town hall meetings, and public meetings to promote grant
programs, support grantee operations, and inform veterans about
- Speaks to community and professional groups to coordinate,
improve, and stimulate interest in the program(s) and to secure
support for program(s).
- Uses Google forms and web site tools to collect information
from grant recipients and conducts interviews with grant recipients
and grant beneficiaries to collect customer feedback. Tracks and
reports customer satisfaction metrics via surveys, web site
analytics, and other forms of data collections.
- Composes and conducts usability assessments and testing of Web
sites and other informationalmaterials. Overseas accuracy and
functionality of TVCs grant funded services directory on the
agencys web site to ensure veterans can connect with grant-funded
- Markets programs to community and professional groups to
coordinate, improve, and stimulate interest in agency
- Department web site administrator, responsible for developing
and maintaining web site content and contentstrategies, including
grant application announcements, grant operations supporting
documents and resources, and links to recorded webinars and public
meetings. May occasionally manage multiple web design and
- Composes department broadcast messagesand tracks/analyzes
readership and comprehension of content by intended audiences.
- Creates and modifies maps, graphs, or diagrams using geographic
information software (ArcGIS).
- Imports, creates, reformats, and processes data to produce
spatial distribution maps for various grant services studies.
- Develops and markets plans to complement statewide marketing
goals, and coordinates activities to meet marketing goals.
- Supports the Director in all department activities and
represents the department as spokesperson at expositions and
similar public settings.
- Performs related work as assigned.Military Crosswalk:Military
Crosswalk for Occupational Category - Information and Communication
(texas.gov)Education:Four-year college or university degree in
journalism, public relations, information management systems,
business administration, advertising, communications, or a related
field is required.Experience:Verified experience in public
relations, public information, communications, marketing, or media
relations in two most recent or current job. Four (4) years of
verified experience managing strategic communications and/or
recruiting operations, one (1) year verified experience as a web
administrator developing and maintaining web site content, and web
services, and one (1) year verified experience managing periodic
mass communications for an organization.Preferred Qualifications:
- Three (3) years of experience as web administrator for a small
to mid-sized company, organization, or agency, including web
design, readership analytics, customer feedback, interactive search
tools and web site plug ins to enhance customer access to desired
- Three (3) years of experience managing mass communications for
an audience of 4,000 plus stakeholders via Constant Contact,
iContact, or similar mailer software tool.
- Experience with state agency operations and the Texas
- Experience with customer satisfaction survey data collections
- Experience using ArcGIS software to create maps for
visualization of program resource distribution, and experience in
data formatting, cleansing, and mapping to support map
- Experience with creation and execution of public relations and
marketing campaigns to advertise available programs and
- Experience with organizing and hosting public meetings, expos,
information booths, and other outreach events to promote available
programs and services.
- Experience in designing brochures, information flyers, and
pamphlets that inform readers and inspire subscription to available
programs and services.
- Experience with developing online literature and e-magazines
with Joomag, In Design, or similar software tools.
- Experience with public speaking and community/stakeholder
engagement as a program representative.
- Honorably discharged veteran strongly preferred.Knowledge,
Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to use of
communications tools and media platforms to inform a public
audience about government programs.
- Knowledge of developing marketing strategies and outreach
- Skilled in web administrator functions and software (Word Press
and Divi Builder), and use of plug-ins to help public consumers
connect with desired information.
- Skilled in using MS Excel to refine, cleanse, and relate
descriptive and statistical program data to create maps, reports,
and web-based interactive directories.
- Skilled at organizing information and developing communications
products to maximize customer understanding and comprehension.
- Skilled in editorial design concepts and practices, and in the
use of a computer and applicable software.
- Skilled at working/leading in a team environment and
facilitating working relationships.
- Ability to interpret guidelines, policies, procedures, and
- Ability to support program operations and priorities of work
outlined by the Operations Manager.
- Ability to research and prepare information, to design
communication plans and materials related to the goals and
priorities of the agency, to compose usable content for the Web and
social media, to prepare copy and scripts, to design broad
communications plans and materials, and to communicate effectively
both orally and in writing.
- Ability to perform work within the required time and is able to
meet scheduled deadlines.Notes to Applicants:In order to receive
Veterans preference, a copy of the FORM DD214 -member #4, must be
attached when submitting your application.College transcripts must
be attached to the application or furnished at the time of
interview.If you require any reasonable accommodation for the
interview process, please inform the hiring representative who
calls to schedule your interview.This position has been designated
as a security sensitive position. A criminal background
investigation will be conducted on the final candidate for this
position.DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS WE DO NOT ACCEPT
TELEPHONE CALLS. APPLICANTS SCHEDULED FOR INTERVIEWS WILL BE
CONTACTED.Veterans Information:The Texas Veterans Commission is
committed to hiring Veterans and is proud to employ the highest
percentage of Veterans among all state agencies. Additional info
may apply via the job posting.AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYER:The Texas Veterans Commission does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or
disability in employment or the provision of services. Job: *Arts,
Design, Entertainment, Sports, and Media Organization: *TEXAS
VETERANS COMMISSION Title: Communications Coordinator Location:
Texas-Austin Requisition ID: 00029612
Keywords: Texas Veterans Commission, Austin , Communications Coordinator, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!