Employee Experience Generalist
Posted on: January 26, 2023
We're looking for an Employee Experience Generalist to join our
team at data.world. -This is -not a remote role, but will have
flexibility to be hybrid.
The ideal candidate will be self-driven, highly motivated, and
experienced in HR operational functions including benefits
enrollment and management, FMLA coordination, and state and federal
employment compliance. This person will help and guide data.world
team members throughout the employee lifecycle, from onboarding
through post-employment. -
At data.world, you'll report to the Sr. Manager, Employee
Experience, and support EX and cross functional leaders and
employees with a wide variety of HR duties including handling new
employee entry, administering benefits and leave, coordinating
performance management, and interpreting policy and procedures.
The ideal candidate is someone who has proven knowledge and
experience with HRIS systems, benefits and leave administration,
federal and state regulations, among others. requires
multi-tasking, the ability to change from one project to another
with little notice, as well as the ability to work independently
under tight deadlines and under pressure while remaining friendly
and professional. The ideal candidate will be a problem solver,
influential and flexible. Must be customer service driven and a
supportive team player.
At data.world, you will:
- Onboarding including managing background checks, I9 management,
- Serve as an EX Generalist providing information, answering
questions and advising employees, supervisors/managers, on HR
policies and procedures, adhering to high customer service
- Maintain and interpret HR policies and procedures, and
pertinent state and federal rules and regulations
- Prepare, review, monitor, audit, explain and process
correspondence, reports, forms, and transactions, and maintain
confidentiality of sensitive issues
- Administer leave programs and related benefits such as Family
Medical Leave (FMLA) Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Leave
of Absence etc.
- Assist with all aspects of benefits administration including,
benefits orientation, enrollment, managing electronic file
transfers, and reconciling monthly invoices, coordinating with
carriers and broker partners as needed to support employees
- Enter, retrieve and analyze personnel transactions and benefit
enrollments in various HR and third party systems and reports
- Be an internal ambassador providing general communication and
managing the internal events calendar, collaborating with the
larger EX team to develop and drive company and departmental
events, activities, and philanthropic programs
- Provide backup for Payroll and other EX responsibilities
We'd love to see:
- 3+ years HR experience
- Advanced knowledge of HRIS and ability to learn new technical
systems, when necessary
- Benefits and leave experience, with an understanding of
requirements and documentation -
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ethics, and
- Aptitude for problem-solving and thorough knowledge of HR
procedures and policies
- thrives in a fast paced environment and will collaborate well
with others to accomplish team goals
- General technical knowledge, and ability to adapt to new
technologies and tools, ideally with experience in a Mac and Slack
- strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- an appetite to try new things. You're curious and excited to
improve your process, and always looking to learn. You ask
questions and don't shy away from challenges.
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive compensation with generous bonus program -
- Fully paid health, vision, and dental insurance premiums for
your entire family
- Company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability
insurance, and legal coverage
- Remote-forward, super flexible, casual, and enjoyable
environment with open PTO -
- Charitable donation matching and community philanthropy
- Wellness programs catered to individual needs
- Quarterly headquarters events - all employees welcome
- An awesome group of smart and determined coworkers, including a
tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and
senses of humor -
- Your own Sparkletar owl character - have you seen them yet?
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities
that we are looking for, then we're excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
data.world is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
We are the world's largest collaborative data community and we very
much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse
nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are
winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative
discussions, ideas, and outcomes.
data.world is committed to providing a safe, healthy, and
productive work environment. Consistent with this commitment, it is
the intent of the Company to maintain a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: data.world, Austin , Employee Experience Generalist, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!