Certified Medication Aide - $1,000 Sign on Bonus!
Company: The Aspenwood Company - The Village on the Park On
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The Aspenwood Company -has opportunities for full-time and
part-time Overnight Certified Medication Aides at our Village on
the Park Onion Creek location an -Assisted Living with Memory Care
senior community.Pay Rate: $16.00/hr. - $18.00/hr.Shifts
available:Full-Time:7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.- -4 days on and 2 days
off schedule rotation3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. - 4 days on and 2 days
off schedule rotation$1,000 Sign on Bonus! ($500 after 30 days of
employment, $500 after 90 days of employment) full time only.
-Part-Time:11:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m. - 2 days on and 4 days off
schedule rotation7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. - 2 days on and 4 days off
schedule rotation$500 Sign on Bonus! ($250 after 30 days of
employment, $250 after 90 days of employment) full time only.
-PRN11:00 p.m.- 7:00 a.m.7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.3:00 p.m. - 11:00
p.m.Must be able to work holidays and weekends.The Certified
Medication Aide provides direct care to resident following an
individual service plan, treats each resident with respect and
dignity, recognizes individual needs, and encourages independence.
Fosters a homelike atmosphere throughout the community. Must desire
to work with seniors and have a tolerance for behaviors associated
with dementia and other aging processes.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in the
performance of tasks with the understanding that the
responsibilities are not routine or limited to resident care
- Administers medication and treatments as prescribed by
physician. A monitor's response to existing treatment plans, aware
of prominent medication interactions and side effects; monitors
residents for occurrence of such and notifies the Director of
Resident Care. Adheres to community infection control policies and
procedures relevant to medication/treatment administration.
- Assists residents with medication as defined in medication
procedure. Supervises residents who self-administer medication.
Exhibits understanding of and follows medication policies and
- Maintains residents' records daily in a timely manner and in
accordance with company policy and procedure. This includes
documentation related to: medication distribution, leisure
activities; incidents and observations; charting any changes in
resident's physical condition and or behaviors, visitors, etc.
Observes and documents the health and emotional condition of each
resident, promptly reporting all changes to the supervisor.
- Writes weekly/monthly summaries as assigned, addressing
specifically the problems identified in the service plan.
- Assists with EMR training, order verification and assisting
with on boarding of new employees. Entering incident reports into
EMR, fax communication with MD in absence of the nurse and
assistance with staffing.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the medicine
- Receives reports on all residents.
- Counts controlled substances with off going RMA, assumes
responsibility for assuring accuracy of count before accepting
- Provides direct resident care in accordance with the Resident
Assistant Job Description.
- Follows proper procedures in emergency situations and responds
promptly and positively to resident requests for assistance -
including emergency call pendants, telephone calls, and requests
from family and friends.
- Encourages teamwork through cooperative interactions with
- Attend all inservices as required.
- Member of the community's emergency response team.
- Maintains a professional appearance and good personal hygiene
per company policies.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or GED required
- Certified Nurse Assistant with state-approved Medication
- Current CPR
- 6 months to 1 year of prior resident care experience,
preferably with seniors
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, good judgement and attention to
- Understanding of HIPPA requirementsThe Aspenwood Company
considers the health and safety of its residents, family members,
and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of
employment with The Aspenwood Company are conditioned on completing
and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory
vaccine programs (e.g., Covid-19, Flu), participating in testing
requirements (e.g. Covid-19, TB) and using designated PPE when
Keywords: The Aspenwood Company - The Village on the Park On, Austin , Certified Medication Aide - $1,000 Sign on Bonus!, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!