Company: Guaranty Bank & Trust
Posted on: November 26, 2022
We are eager to welcome you as a new *Mortgage Originator* to
our team who will help us continue to drive change, create a fun
and inclusive work environment while bringing creative and open-
minded ideas to our people experience through the lens of our core
How do you know if this is the right opportunity for you?
We've included the traditional job responsibilities, but there are
a few guiding principles taken directly from our Culture Book which
we want to share to help you identify if your personal values align
with ours, such as:
* We look at the organizational chart as a framework, not an
* Everyone at Guaranty is an owner and business development
ambassador, thanks to our ESOP.
* We do things the ethical and honest way every time because it's
the only way.
* We are always looking ahead, reading ahead and thinking
This job performs a wide range of duties relating to the
origination of residential mortgage loans from outside referrals.
Assume overall responsibility for the residential mortgage loan
from application to closing. Encompass is LOS used. Our company's
culture supports customers in achieving their financial goals and
dreams. You'll be able to help contribute to this by:
*Job Duties: *
* Originate conventional and Government mortgages.
* Maintain knowledge of available loan products, processing
procedures, and underwriting and general departmental
* Keep up-to-date with conditions in the local real estate market
and with changes in rules and regulations pertaining to both
private and government-insured mortgages.
* Collect appropriate documentation from each applicant and deliver
loan package in the timeframes set by management.
* Communicate complex approvals or denials to the borrower, real
estate agent or builder.
* Maintain high levels of customer service while managing each
applicant's and support staff's expectations.
* Make sales calls to potential and existing customers to retain
current business and to develop new loans.
* Distribute market data, rate flyers and general loan information
to the real estate community as directed by financial institution
* Represent the Bank in various civic community functions to
further enhance its image.
* Comply with privacy policies and procedures to maintain customer
confidentiality and information protection.
* Comply with all federal, state, and local regulatory rules and
regulations governing financial institutions, as well as all
company policies and procedures.
* Complete and pass all required regulatory compliance training as
* Perform any additional duties and tasks assigned by
*Qualifications & Skills: *
* Superior time management skills and efficient organizational
* Ability to learn new technology as needed.
* Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills.
* Be a Team Player/Leader.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while
maintaining communication with supervisors and managers.
* Demonstrate professionalism in speech, demeanor and dress.
* Can handle sensitive information with the highest degree of
integrity and confidentiality.
*Education, Experience & Licenses: *
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* College degree preferred or compensating experience in the
* Minimum 1 year sales experience.
* Minimum 1 year experience with computer skills including
Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* 2+ years of mortgage experience.
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
* Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Austin, TX 78701: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
* Mortgage servicing: 2 years (Preferred)
* Loan origination: 2 years (Preferred)
* Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Austin, TX 78701%58047475%
Keywords: Guaranty Bank & Trust, Austin , Mortgage Originator, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!