Custodial Services Supervisor
Company: Burnet CISD
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Primary Purpose: *
Direct and manage custodial services for all district facilities.
Establish cleaning schedules and procedures to maintain a high
standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency of building
High school diploma or GED
Clear and valid Texas driver's license
*Special Knowledge/Skills: *
Knowledge of routine custodial practices and methods
Knowledge of equipment, chemicals, and materials used in cleaning
Knowledge of minor repair techniques and building and
Ability to manage budget and personnel
Ability to coordinate district functions
Ability to implement policy and procedures
Ability to interpret data
Ability to work well and in a positive manner with staff, students,
Ability to use computer software to develop spreadsheets,
databases, and do word processing
Ability to respond after hours when needed
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal
Five (5) years experience in custodial services; one (1) - two (2)
years supervisory experience
*Major Responsibilities and Duties: *
1. Work cooperatively with principals and facilities managers to
ensure a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency of
2. Establish and oversee work schedules and procedures for the
regular custodial care of all district facilities and special
custodial projects. Make work assignments, arrange for substitute
custodians, and/or perform custodial duties as needed.
3. Inspect all district buildings and facilities and schedule
cleaning and repairs as needed.
4. Provide feedback and written documentation as needed for all
custodians regarding job performance.
5. Coordinate the moving and delivery of district furniture,
equipment, and other heavy or bulky materials.
6. Direct the set-up of facilities for special events.
7. Maintain safety standards in accordance with federal, state,
district, and insurance regulations and train custodians on proper
and safe use of equipment and chemicals.
8. Ensure that established safety procedures are followed including
lifting and climbing. Make sure that tools and equipment are
operated and chemicals handled according to established safety
9. Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any
conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
10. Follow established procedures for locking, checking, and
11. Evaluate and recommend custodial supplies and equipment to be
12. Prepare, implement, and maintain preventive maintenance
schedules for custodial equipment. Ensure that maintenance is
completed and equipment is in safe operating condition. Recommend
replacement of existing equipment when necessary.
13. Conduct regular inventory of physical equipment and supplies
and maintain accurate records. Order tools, equipment, and supplies
14. Assist in the preparation of department budget.
15. Select, train, supervise, and evaluate staff and make
recommendations relative to assignment, retention, discipline, and
16. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other
documents as required including maintaining accurate information
for payroll reporting (time cards, tardiness, and absenteeism).
17. Establish and maintain Custodial Handbook with all written
procedures and guidelines.
18. Conduct staff meetings with lead Custodians monthly and with
all staff semi-annually to ensure compliance with all district,
state, and federal guidelines.
19. Adjust working hours and /or respond to after-hours events as
20. Attend all required training as directed.
21. The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and
responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,269.00 - $63,811.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* Public school
* 8 hour shift
* Afternoon shift
* Evening shift
* Monday to Friday
* Night shift
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Burnet CISD, Austin , Custodial Services Supervisor, Other , Burnet, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!