Staff Software Engineer II
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Company DescriptionVisa is a world leader in digital payments,
facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between
consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government
entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year.
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative,
convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling
individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.When you join Visa,
you join a culture of purpose and belonging - where your growth is
priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters.
We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift
everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on
billions of people around the world - helping unlock financial
access to enable the future of money movement.Join Visa: A Network
Working for Everyone.Job DescriptionAs an Staff Software Engineer
II, you will be part of our Enterprise Payments team to help
design, enhance and build our transactional platform in an agile
development environment. You will work withcolleagues, who will
support and challenge you daily.You will play part of multiple
teams tasked with multiple projects ranging from building full
stack development of real-time transactional services, REST
services API,Container based services to highly functional, secure,
scalable and resilientreal time and batching systems.You will work
on unit testing, code reviews and regular check-ins to continuous
integration that will become part of your DNA.Youwill see the code
written and moved to production within just a few days, tothen be
used by a huge customer base including Facebook, Nike, FedEx,
Apple, StateFarm, to name a few.If this sounds exciting, we want to
chat and tell you more about our work cultureand environment and
see if this will be a good fit for both of us.Essential
- Works with Solution or Enterprise Architecture to translate
architecture into a delivered solution that realizes the vision and
- Possesses functional and industry experience
- Provides the technical guidance the project needs to meet the
wider goals of the org strategy.
- Effectively translates functional and non- functional
requirements into an engineered solution.
- Proficient at understanding and analyzing the architecture of
an existing solution.
- To be successful in the role, deep knowledge of computer
science fundamentals, SOA principles and its related technologies,
multi-tiered architecture and specific experience in designing
complex solutions for processing 3000+ transactions per
- Leads and supports both product and technical discussions about
how to apply existing and/or new technology in support of the
- In addition to the technical skill set and passion for learning
new technologies, the candidate will be a self-starter,
results-driven, and equipped with excellent verbal and written
communication skills to interface with leadership within Visa ,
external teams & stakeholders.
- Teach others through informal sessions such as brown bags and
- Coach/mentor others within sub-function.
- Plays the "Player-Coach" role for the team at project
- Understands how a project fits into the overall technology
roadmap and communicate to the team to help establish buy-in and
- Takes ownership and/or leads the engineering responsibility for
multiple components in a project.
- Provides consultative work throughout the project lifecycle to
ensure vision and goal of project is realized through
- Is able to coordinate engineering activities across the
delivery of the project.
- Works with engineers to ensure they are delivering quality and
efficiently against project requirements.
- Supports operational and QA teams in support activities such as
troubleshooting, defect research, code promotion and configuration
for projects lead by the engineer.
- Successful candidate will have a flair for out-of-box thinking
and be passionate about mentoring and coaching junior software
engineers. Candidate should also have passion for engineering
excellence , reducing TCO and improving TTM.QualificationsBasic
- 8 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or
5 or more years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g.
Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a
- 9+ years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor's Degree
or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree
(e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3+years of experience with a
- 8+yrs of hands-on experience and deep knowledge in software
product development (Java/J2EE , SOA based applications)3+ years of
experience in designing/architectural horizontally scalable,
multi-tenant SOA application
- Proficient in implementing design patterns. Strong
understanding of :Java , J2EE , RDBMS ,NoSQLDB such as Cassandra ,
Mongo DB , Spring , Hibernate.
- Experience in developing and deploying components as docker
containers is must.
technologies/frameworks like JQuery, ReactJS, Angular
- React / Redux experience is plus but not required.
- Divides time between active coding related activities, design,
coordination, mentoring, project management, and/or leading
- Experience in deployment and distribution lifecycle with
automated and scalable CI/CD infrastructure.
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, and root-cause
- A go-getter who is not overwhelmed by new technology, tight
timelines, or parallel projects
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment producing and supporting
business services with tier 0 severity and flexible to work with
distributed global teams and willing to support clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
interpersonal and presentation skills, and proven ability to
influence and communicate effectively
- Experience with CI/CD tools including Jenkin , Maven , Stash is
must.Additional InformationVisa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination
policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and
visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the
U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a
reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by
law.Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.Travel
Requirements: This position requires travel5-10% of the
time.Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed
in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to
sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone,
frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones
and computers.Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and
applicable local law.Visa will consider for employment qualified
applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with
applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of
the San Francisco Police Code.
Keywords: Visa, Austin , Staff Software Engineer II, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!