Commercial Install Tech I
Posted on: November 24, 2022
At ADT, we ve been in the business of helping save lives for more
than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider
serving residential and business customers, our people are our most
important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than
200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our
customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team
and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visit
www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and
The standard function of the position is to install commercial
alarm, fire, CCTV, and Card Access systems while working under the
supervision of a more senior installer or supervisor.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Installs commercial alarm, fire, CCTV, and Card Access
- Provides reliable, high quality customer support.
- Performs customer instruction on system operation and
- Performs system testing and signal verification.
- Maintains the necessary truck stock/inventory (equipment and
- Performs new system installations, upgrades, and
- Organizes and utilizes technical resources, information,
material, and support to ensure efficient execution of assigned
- Monitors and ensures the progress and completion of assigned
- Completes and submits all required task-related activities,
productivity, and other documentation in a timely manner.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must complete other projects, as assigned.
Qualifications - External
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Skills & Experience):
- Minimum of High School Diploma/Vocational Training.
- Must have one or more years of experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of commercial intrusion systems,
fire systems, CCTV, intercom and access control systems.
- Must have a working knowledge of local/national codes.
- Must be able to read drawings and pull wires
- Must have a valid driver s license and be able to clear a
pre-employment drug screening.
- Must obtain and retain any specific product certifications
and/or licenses that are required by national, state and local
- Requires 25 % to 50 % proficiency in ADT Commercial s Tier 1
- Exposure to outside weather conditions, risk of electrical
shock, and harsh work environments.
- The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to:
- Stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; reach with hands
and arms; push; pull; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl; talk and hear.
- Use vision abilities including: close, distance, peripheral,
depth, and color.
- Work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions/circumstances
such as with ladders, scaffolding, high lift equipment, wires,
ducts, crawl spaces, attics, above ceilings, etc.
- Lift, move, and hold up to approximately 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work a full-time, flexible schedule with on
call availability and must be able to travel on short
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle (day and evenings) for
extended time periods.
ADT Commercial LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive
workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where
every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and
help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best
talent working in an environment where employees feel included and
recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.
Keywords: ADT, Austin , Commercial Install Tech I, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!