Custodial Team Member - Camp Moody
Company: YMCA of Austin
Posted on: September 24, 2022
How you will contribute to our Purpose: The YMCA of Austin is a
dynamic, equitable force in the community that helps people of all
backgrounds improve their total wellbeing and quality of life.
Founded in 1953 and anchored in three Central Texas counties, the Y
is a $40 million community enterprise that serves nearly 100,000
people annually through eight centers. We also provide afterschool
education and care at more than 70 licensed campuses in four school
districts. Unlike any other organization in the region, the Austin
Y has the unique ability to welcome, educate and elevate all, and
is committed to creating innovative programs, placesand people.
Join our Clean Team - a group of energetic individuals that keep
the branch clean. As part of the Clean Team, you will play a
critical role in the upkeep and general appearance of the locker
rooms and related areas. Pay Rate: $15.00 per hour Availability:
Shifts include Monday - Friday 11 am -3 pm; Saturday-Sunday 10 am-2
pm Rewards we offer you:
- Free Household Membership to facilities operated by the YMCA of
Austin (worth $1,000 annually)
- Access to 403b savings upon hire
- Learning and development workshops and trainings
- Career advancement opportunities
- Flexible schedules What are the details?
- You maintain the branchs cleanliness and safety with a sense of
urgency and prioritization (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping,
cleaning ceiling vents, restroom cleaning, etc).
- You communicate maintenance needs, issues, and recommend
solutions to branch directors.
- You perform routine inspections and maintenance checks of the
facilities as a means of preventative maintenance.
- You ensure the fulfillment of goods in designated areas, such
as paper towels, soap, sanitizer, etc.
- You empty and clean wastebaskets throughout the branch.
- You arrange equipment in the custodial storage areas in a neat
and orderly manner.
- You work closely with the Y Safety Champion and Care Area
Marshal to develop intense cleaning and disinfecting protocol in
- Complete all other job duties assigned What you bring to the
- Education and Experience: You are a minimum of 18-yrs old and
have a high school diploma or GED. You have the ability to operate
cleaning equipment and lift up to 20 pounds. Having experience in
custodial or maintenance work settings is a plus but not required.
You are able to lift We will ensure you have the knowledge and
resources to be successful in this role.
- You are a team player. You are a team player with a positive,
service-oriented attitude and you can work well with others.
- You are organized and productive: You are organized, able to
prioritize tasks, and handle multiple assignments.
- You are a strong Communicator: You listen for understanding and
meaning. You speak and write effectively.
- You foster a culture of inclusion and belonging. You leverage
peoples differences as strengths. The organization has reviewed
this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic
duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and
abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by
supervisors as deemed appropriate. The YMCA of Austin provides
equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability,
marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in
accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. YMCA of
Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing
non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have
employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation, and training. Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: YMCA of Austin, Austin , Custodial Team Member - Camp Moody, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!