Breakfast Caf Server
Company: Sonesta International Hotels
Posted on: September 22, 2022
- Must be able workin a fast-pacedenvironment.
- Majority of work takes place indoors.
- Must be able to tolerate extreme temperatures - i.e. kitchens,
- Must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Frequent bending, kneeling and reaching.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.Expected Hours of Work
- Must be flexible to work variable days of the week to include
weekends and holidays.
- Must be flexible to work variable shifts (days, nights,
- Ten to twelve hour shifts sometimes required.Education and
- Two years of experience as a server in full service restaurant
preferred - preferably in a fine dining establishment.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
preferred.Principle duties and responsibilities (Essential
- Greet and acknowledge all arriving guests in a prompt and
professional manner. Engage and interact with guest as appropriate.
Respond to all guests questions and requests.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of the food and beverage menu.
- Serve food and beverage orders after checking for correct
temperature, appearance and portions. Refill when necessary.
- Operate POS system and ensure food orders are verified and
transmitted in a prompt manner. Adhere to all cash handling and
credit card policies and procedures.
- Periodically check-in with tables to ensure guests expectations
are being met and exceeded.
- Maintain proper condition and cleanliness of dining areas,
stations and servicing equipment.
- Complete all closing duties and reports as assigned.
- Adhere to established safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Adhere to uniform and grooming standards.
- Perform other duties or projects as requested by
management.Qualifications and Skills
- Attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests,
managers and fellow employees.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to work quickly without compromising quality.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and maintain a high
level of performance.
- Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for entire
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a
- Food handlers and TIPS certificates required.
- Previous front facing guest service experience required.
- Must read, write and speak the English language fluently.
- Experience with computerized cash registers preferred.
We are an organization made up of people, thoughts and ideas all
working towards fulfilling our simple mission:To wow every guest,
team member, partner & community we operate in by delivering
quality, value & amazing hospitality.We will achieve our mission by
being passionate about exceeding expectations - by being
persistent, resilient, and constantly seeking new and creative ways
to succeed. Doing the Right Thing and Going Beyond are our
principles that guide everything we do.We are an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.The statements
in this job description are intended to represent the key duties
and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL
responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This job description
is subject to change at any time.
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping
ensure the health and financial security of employees and their
families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees
including: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Health Savings
Account with Company Match, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company
Match, Paid Vacation and Sick Days, Sonesta Hotel Discounts,
Educational Assistance, Paid Parental Leave, Company Paid Life
Insurance, Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
Insurance and Various Employee Perks and Discounts.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws,
rules, or regulations.
Keywords: Sonesta International Hotels, Austin , Breakfast Caf Server, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!