Maintenance 2nd Shift - Industrial Waste Water Treatment Tech
Company: Sovos Brands
Posted on: August 7, 2022
The Maintenance Waste Water Technician is responsible for the
operations of a water or wastewater treatment plant, as well as the
maintenance and repairs of the related equipment. assist in the
installation, maintenance, and repair of machinery, equipment, and
- Install, maintain and repair machinery, equipment, physical
structures, piping and electrical systems following specifications,
blueprints, manuals and schematic drawings, using hand tools, power
tools, hoists and cranes, measuring and testing instruments.
Operate grinders, saws and drills.
- Operate and coordinate the operation of treatment and
distribution systems utilizing plant systems, manual control
systems and equipment, and work in a safe manner using all required
- Responsible for understanding technical literature, water
treatment practices and department practices and procedures.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment using
electrical and electronic test equipment as instructed.
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment and install new or
repaired parts following specifications and blueprints and OEM
manuals using precision measuring instruments and hand tools as
instructed. Repair/replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators,
pipe and related piping system components.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all operating machinery.
Daily lubricates machinery prior to production as well as
performing set ups and changeovers on machinery as production
- Follow work orders and maintenance request forms to repair
machinery as assigned.
- Follow all Company rules, including, but not limited to: GMPs,
Safety, PPE, Lock Out-Tag Out, and all rules prescribed by the USDA
- Perform other related duties and special assignments as
required or assigned by Supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Vocational trade school or 2 to 4 years equivalent professional
experience in mechanical or electrical trade.
- Requires 3-5 years of maintenance experience in an industrial
environment. Must have excellent electrical and mechanical
troubleshooting and repair skills.
- Must have thorough knowledge of shop tools.
- Ability to write reports with proper format, punctuation,
spelling and grammar.
- Must have excellent reading skills. Must be able to interpret a
variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic,
or schedule form.
- Must have excellent math skills, including knowledge of
practical application of fractions, percentages, ratio and
proportion, measurement, practical algebra, geometric construction.
Understanding of probability and statistical analysis is a
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word,
Excel). Must have ability and skill sets to use inhouse
computer-based system (i.e. Ross).
- Ability to interact with team members, customers, and vendors
in a positive and professional manner.
- Should have basic welding skills in arc, Tig and Mig.
- Water treatment certification.
- Bilingual a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to travel throughout Production areas, climb
ladders and stoop, kneel and crawl in small spaces. Office and
factory environment, including refrigerated warehouses and heat in
- Must be able to push, pull and lift occasional heavy loads (75
- Must be able to work flexible hours based upon needs of
- Must be able to occasionally work from heights and on the
Sovos Brands is a food company with a mission to acquire and build
one-of-a-kind brands. We re dedicated to bringing today's consumers
delicious food for joyful living. We invest in brands that have
exciting growth potential, combining industry expertise with fresh
thinking to bring our products into more homes across America.
The brands in our portfolio include Rao s Homemade, a producer of
premium pasta sauces, soups, frozen entrees, and pasta: noosa, a
producer of premium yoghurt made with whole milk and wildflower
North American honey; Birch Benders, a fast-growing producer of
delicious, better-for-you pancake and waffle mixes, toaster
waffles, and baking cups; and Michael Angelo s, a leading producer
of authentic frozen Italian entrees.
Authentically Italian style .Michael Angelo s
Michael Angelo s is a leading producer of premium frozen meals
inspired by Italian traditions. It s food that s been crafted the
right way for years, bringing traditional cooking methods and
flavors to a full line of single-serve and multi-serve meals found
in the freezer section.
Find out more about Sovos Brands at www.sovosbrands.com , Rao's
Homemade at www.raos.com , noosa at www.noosayoghurt.com , Birch
Benders at www.birchbenders.com ; and Michael Angelo's at
We offer attractive compensation packages, competitive wage,
medical benefits, 401K, and PTO. We maintain a drug and
alcohol-free workplace. All candidates offered a position are
required to pass a pre-employment drug test. We participate in
E-Verify. Sovos Brands is committed to creating a diverse
environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability, age, or veteran status. Sovos Brands is also committed
to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding
citizenship and immigration status. Associated topics: constable,
emr, environment, environmental, hospital, inspector, nursing,
treatment, usda, wastewater treatment plant
Keywords: Sovos Brands, Austin , Maintenance 2nd Shift - Industrial Waste Water Treatment Tech, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!