Content Strategist (Remote or Hybrid - Austin, TX)
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Who We Are
At Auctane, we are united by a passion to help sellers - wherever
they are, however they operate - fulfill the promises they make to
consumers. The Auctane mission is to fuel commerce through
exceptional delivery. We make it possible for businesses to meet
the ever rising expectations of their customers, and we make the
world smaller and more accessible to consumers everywhere.
Auctane brands enable hundreds of thousands of merchants to
annually deliver billions of products - over $200 billion worth -
to customers around the globe.
And Auctane is just getting started.
Auctane is a team of shipping and software experts with a passion
for helping merchants move their ideas, dreams and innovations
around the globe. The Auctane family includes ShipStation,
ShipWorks, ShipEngine, ShippingEasy, Stamps, Endicia, Metapack,
Shipsi, GlobalPost, and Packlink. Our partners include Amazon, UPS,
USPS, eBay, BigCommerce, Shopify, WooCommerce, and Walmart.
The Customer is our mission.
Our company was built in service of our customers. Every time we
answer the phone, write a line of code, hire a new team member,
form a partnership, or build a new interface it is explicitly
because we believe that action will improve the life of our
We work with the best people.
We will only work with people who are enthusiastic about their
work, respectful of diverse ideas and backgrounds, and who possess
the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
We only play offense.
We're on a mission to reach and help every mailer, shipper and
merchant on the planet. Because of this we move with urgency, take
risks, and are determined to ship solutions quickly.
We expect exceptional outcomes.
We are a rapidly growing company with intent. We expect to continue
to deliver market transforming solutions for our customers and
challenging growth opportunities for our employees.
We are direct and authentic.
We have a genuine empathy for our employees, partners, and
customers. We serve that empathy by treating everyone the way we
would like to be treated - openly, ethically, and honestly. We set
expectations clearly and hold ourselves accountable to what we
About The Team
The Auctane marketing team supports eight products that solve
shipping and logistics for online sellers across the globe. We're a
dynamic group that's committed to championing the needs of our
merchants each and every day.
About The Role
As a Content Strategist , you'll be responsible for analyzing,
recommending, developing, and elevating integrated marketing
campaigns for Auctane and its subsidiary product brands, including
ShipStation, Stamps.com, Endicia, ShippingEasy, ShipWorks, and
ShipEngine. This role is equal parts strategy planning and content
production. While the role reports to the Content Strategy Manager,
it will involve leading collaborative, cross-functional teams and
creating content marketing campaigns across the organization. We're
looking for someone who is well versed in digital marketing
strategy, can manage multiple projects with ease, communicate with
team members effectively, prioritize competing initiatives, and
help create consistent content that converts.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an established writer,
editor, and strategist who is enthusiastic about creating
compelling B2B content for diverse audiences - from small business
Want to check out some of the most recent projects produced by the
Content Team at Auctane? Check out the ShipStation Shopify Ebook ,
our brand new Get Ship Done Podcast, and the Global Pulse Research
Study we conducted to measure e-commerce after COVID-19.
- Work closely with stakeholders, brand managers, partner
marketing, and performance marketing teams to determine
opportunities for integrated content marketing campaigns that
directly align and support business objectives and OKRs.
- Inform and collaborate with copy, social, video, and design
teams to produce assets. This role will share production
responsibilities including but not limited to: writing, editing,
and creative direction.
- Conduct research, content audits, and brainstorm ideas
regarding ways to iterate, test, and improve on content - including
what topics are missing, what is needed, and how well existing
content is performing.
- Work with performance team to ensure quality tracking of all
organic content, and partner with our SEO agency to identify
keywords and best practices.
- Propose ways to update and reuse old content to maximize
- Work with Marketing Project Manager to maintain a calendar of
project deadlines and content launch dates.
What You'll Be Doing
- Create a variety of content across mediums and platforms -
everything from lead-generation (ebooks, sales enablement, case
studies) and demand-gen content (podcast, educational blog/email
series, SEO content plays) to go-to-market and feature-related
content supporting product initiatives.
- Keep a close eye on industry and competitor trends, and help
identify opportunities for how we can better plan, create, and
promote content across the Auctane brands.
- Assist in vetting incoming content requests, and propose ideas
for how to improve strategy and scope.
- Ensure consistency across all content and messaging.
- Monitor, analyze, and communicate content strategy results on a
- Build relationships with subject matter experts across brands
to develop a solid understanding of the unique target audiences we
market to and the pain points they experience in their
What We Are Looking For
- 5+ years of digital marketing, content marketing, copywriting,
or content strategy experience preferred
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations,
or English preferred (or equivalent experience)
- Agency experience working with multiple brands
- Proven content strategy and project management experience.
- Sound knowledge of content management systems, keyword research
tools, social media platforms, search engine optimization (SEO),
and search engine marketing (SEM), Google Analytics.
- Clear and concise communicator and writer
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive: well-organized and able to track down answers and
- Curious and creative : willing to test new ideas
- Adaptable : able to develop and document new processes and
learn from failure and quickly iterate
- Analytical thinker : not intimidated by data with an
understanding of why some content works and some doesn't
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Proven history developing detailed, performant marketing
- Experience or familiarity with Google Analytics and Data
- Occasional, less than 10%
Additional Position Duties
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- Utilize wrist and hands for a prolonged period of time
- Walk short distances
- Stand for short periods
- Speaking and conversing with others
- Lift up to 25lbs without assistance up to chest height
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this
California residents linked here .
Keywords: Stamps.com, Austin , Content Strategist (Remote or Hybrid - Austin, TX), Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!