UX Designer, Workforce Experience (6019)
Posted on: August 5, 2022
UX Designer, Workforce Experience
About the job
Cisco's Workforce Experience Design team is on a mission to create
the best work experience, leading with human-centered design, to
create an engaged and productive environment for all Cisconians .
We strive to enable every employee to be at their best every day,
from removing the barriers to collaboration to discovering new
connections and communities. We are a global leader in technology,
networking, and innovation, and we believe that helping our
customers and partners begins with helping ourselves!
As a UX Designer, you'll engage with user research, product, and
engineering teams to understand and uncover user needs and
recommend best-in-class experiences to address them. You will help
manage the portfolio of solutions we provide to Cisconians ;
prioritizing delivery of capabilities and experiences that resolve
problems, fulfill employee needs, and enable success. You'll work
across the user experience spectrum - from prototyping for research
activities to UI design with established design systems - to solve
complex problems at the enterprise scale. You'll mentor and lead
other designers in their craft, and help the team continuously
learn and grow!
What You'll Do:
- Partner with UX Research (in some cases doing your own
research) to create journey maps, wireframes and prototypes that
help uncover user needs.
- Iterate quickly and propose many different solutions to a
problem, displaying a depth of knowledge about UX and interaction
best practices to help narrow down to a final solution
- Drive efforts to collect and report on UX metrics that ensure
design decisions evaluated and evidence based.
- Build consistency among our workflows and interaction patterns
by l ooking across product silos , (work with content designers to
do the same with our voice and tone), that will inform our design
- Think and communicate ideas in terms of systems thinking and
service design, connecting the dots from various platforms and
touchpoints to create seamless experiences
- Drive the creation of detailed design documentation that
outlines the information architecture, data structures, and clearly
defines the needs of the business and users.
- Communicate your designs and advocate for experience changes
articulately and concisely. Use storytelling techniques and
compelling data-centric narratives to drive action
- Mentor and coach junior members of the team, and provide
guidance on best practices and thought leadership around various
- Facilitate workshops and bring different disciplines together
to align around a solution to a problem
- Integrate design and user experience research with Agile
Who You'll Work With:
- A remote, cross-functional team of designers - from research to
visual design to content design
- Product managers, engineers, architects, and additional
stakeholders on your product teams
- The Workforce Experience leadership team to help get a sense of
the strategy and big picture
Who You Are:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Design, HCI, a
related field or equivalent industry or Military experience
- Minimum 6 years of experience in UX/UI design, preferably with
some in-house or product team experience in enterprise
- Well-rounded understanding of user-centered design process, as
well as solid knowledge of user experience principles and ability
to advocate for the inclusion of user insights
- A portfolio of past design and research work experience,
deliverables, and entrepreneurial innovation
- A fast worker; somebody who doesn't let ambiguity slow them
- Demonstrated experience with different techniques and methods
of UX design, including sketching, storyboarding, system mapping,
prototyping at various fidelities, and working with design systems.
You have the ability to move seamlessly between methods depending
on the situation and timeline.
- A self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others
in a cross-functional team.
- The ability to clearly and convincingly articulate the need for
design and design decisions to diverse stakeholders and
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents
to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive
future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in
their digital businesses. Some may think we're 'old' (36 years
strong) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company.
And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that
adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what
we do - you can't put us in a box! But 'Digital Transformation' is
an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation,
creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give
our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is
built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take
difference to heart . Because without diversity of thought and a
dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink.
Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are.
Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Requirements
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners
is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread
of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the
pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related
travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting
third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and
Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law,
and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required.
The company will consider legally required
accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons
as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with
applicable law. Additional information will be provided to
candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the
offer time based on region.by Jobble
Keywords: Cisco, Austin , UX Designer, Workforce Experience (6019), Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!