System Performance Engineer
Posted on: August 5, 2022
What You Do At AMD Changes Everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in
changing the world for the better by driving innovation in
high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization
technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and
the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes
amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will
go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people
who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push
boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have
this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the
opportunities available to come join our team.
System Performance Engineer
Technical, hands-on engineer responsible for Datacenter GPU and
Accelerated Processing product line's Data Fabric and Networking
validation. The scope includes validation of Data Fabric routing,
latency validation, firmware features and PCIe/XGMI connectivity.
This individual will be primarily responsible for interfacing with
silicon design, firmware, and platform design groups to develop
pre-Silicon emulation and post-Silicon validation test plans.
- Develop and execute feature enablement and validation test
plans for SoC- and system-level SoC features.
- Get established as the subject matter expert for Data Fabric
- Develop post-silicon validation plans for single and
- Test interactions between various SoC features using validation
tools and infrastructure
- Drive root-cause analysis for Data Fabric related issues
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in developing effective
- Focus on continuous improvement of Data fabric test strategy,
methodology, and process
- Experience with GPU architecture and microprocessor cores
- Understanding of modern GPU architecture is highly desired
- Experience developing validation test plans and
- Participated in silicon bring up and debug, support to internal
- Able to execute and drive success of programs with multiple
projects on the go
- Familiarity with programming / scripting language (C/C++,
Python, Perl, ...)
- Must be a self-starting team player with excellent
- Thought leader that drives improvement to development process,
code architecture and fosters a spirit of innovation
- 4+ years of experience in Data Fabric or Networking Validation
- Workload development experience is a big plus
- Knowledge on PCIe protocol. CXL protocol is a plus
- Self-organizing and the ability multitask based on
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer
Engineering or Electronics
Austin, Texas, USA
Markham, Ontario, Canada
Requisition Numbe r: 158542
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here .
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters,
recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its
subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider
candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status,
medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin,
race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran
status. Please click here for more information.
Keywords: AMD, Austin , System Performance Engineer, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!