Account Specialist - Supplies
Company: American Canning
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Who is American Canning?American Canning is a team of energetic
individuals with a shared passion for the craft beverage industry.
We are based in Austin, TX but take pride in providing aluminum can
packaging solutions to manufacturers worldwide through our mobile
canning services, canning machine equipment, and packaging supply
distribution.In 2022, printed can manufacturing will be added to
our ecosystem.What is the job?An Account Specialist is the ultimate
organizer of order details. They are the liaison between Account
Managers and customer contacts, helping ensure that order requests
are interpreted correctly, entered accurately, produced to
specification, and delivered promptly. Their ability to communicate
effectively and with purpose is paramount for many other team
members' success. The Account Specialist is often the primary point
of contact for customers, so a supreme level of customer service is
involved. At the end of the day, an Account Specialist is
passionate about providing customers with the ultimate purchase
experience - being remembered for their approachable personality,
ease-of-interaction, and effective order execution.A successful
- Have a knack for sales.o We all know people that can sell
anything, seemingly without trying. We also all know people who
make us cringe in how they sell. Account specialists are natural,
relatable, solutions oriented salespeople who aren't afraid to
ask--- "would you like a can end with that?"
- Be detailed oriented.o Custom packaging supplies are vital to
many craft brands. Packaging days and brand releases are often
dependent on our quoted lead times and ability to produce according
to spec. As a result, our ability to get every order correct is
imperative to a quality customer experience.
- Be an effective communicator - in person, on the phone, and via
digital platformso Communicating the needs of custom packaging
requires clear, concise, and easy-to-understand communication.
Receivers of the specialist's communication should never have to
doubt details or intent of the messaging.
- Prioritize customer experience.o Recognizing impact on
customers is key in this role. An amazing account specialist will
have no problem prioritizing activities that create a better
experience for American Canning customers.
- Look at the glass half-full.o Customer service can have its
rough days. While our team tries works hard to ensure every day is
enjoyable, we're looking for people that can remain calm and
approachable after a potentially frustrating interaction.
- Be accountable.o Mistakes happen and that's okay. Account
specialists work hard to minimize errors in order entry, but when
mistakes happen, a specialist is honest about the occurrence and
works hard to resolve the issue for our customers' sake; escalating
to sales management as necessary.
- Have a love for craft.o Customers can tell when you enjoy what
you do and have a passion for their experience. An account
specialist will have a passion for packaging craft that is evident
in all they do.
- Be an incredible team member.o As a liaison between many
departments, the work of an Account Specialist is rarely
individual. They will work hard to pull their weight for the team
and be flexible when events outside their control occur. Through it
all, they will remain positive and understand that working together
provides the best customer experience.What do we expect?
- Outstanding communication and relationship management with all
customers and team members.
- Work collaboratively to meet and exceed company, departmental
and individual sales goals.
- Actively engage with the Account Managers to provide an
exceptional order experience.
- Collect, organize, and handle paperwork, entering sales data
with near 100% accuracy.
- Promptly handle customer complaints, as received, escalating or
resolving as able.
- Strong follow through with key stakeholders to ensure all order
timelines are met.
- Ability to daily receive, prioritize and respond to multiple
points of customer communication.
- Ability to make a great first impression with new customers -
on the phone and via e-mail.
- Willing to help cover responsibilities of other team members
- Participate in sales meetings as requested, either with the
team or individual customers.
- Assist in the implementation of sales/marketing systems as
- An optimistic individual - sales and customer service isn't
always easy - let's make it fun!RequirementsWhat is required?
- 3-5 years of experience as an account specialist/representative
or other related sales/service role.
- Understanding of beverage packaging and/or custom artwork
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization and ability to track multiple sales at
- Ability to think critically and problem solve.
- Experience managing orders within an ERP environment preferred
(NetSuite, Sage, Oracle, X3, etc)
- Experience with CRM software preferred (Salesforce, Zendesk,
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel,
Teams, etc.)If this sounds like you and you are ready to join a
fast-paced, goal-oriented sales team, we hope you'll consider
- Paid Lunch Break
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k + Matching)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Paid Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Company supported continued education
- Fun company get togethers and department outings
- Monthly cookouts at the office
Keywords: American Canning, Austin , Account Specialist - Supplies, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!