Posted on: June 25, 2022
Alpha, a K-12 school in the heart of Austin, TX, is seeking a
Guide to join its growing team and help fulfill its mission to
build better schools. This is an onsite position at one of our
campuses in Austin.Alpha is redefining the way kids go to school.
We make three promises to parents and kids:
- Students love school.
- Students learn two times faster than in a traditional
- Students learn life skills (like public speaking, goal setting,
leadership, grit, entrepreneurship, and purpose) that are necessary
to be successful.A Guide at Alpha is not a traditional teacher. In
fact, this is not a teaching role at all. Instead, it is the
opportunity to lead kids in an alternative setting using
cutting-edge technology. If motivating kids is your passion, you
want to impact them by using new educational models and
technologies, and you're excited to design, develop and execute
skill-building workshops - this role is for you. You will have
three primary responsibilities in this role:
- Motivate kids to do great things. Our students do their core
academic work on adaptive software. It's your job to figure out how
to get kids to show up every day excited to put in the work to
accomplish their goals.
- Build great workshops. We reserve our afternoons for hands-on
workshops that teach kids life skills. Your job is to design
engaging experiences for kids where they practice life skills such
as public speaking, giving and receiving feedback, and personal
- Run the playbook. In this role, you will need to become an
expert on our suite of learning apps, motivational strategies, and
- A passion for and experience with working with kids. Kids love
you and you know and love them.
- Demonstrated leadership, motivation and organizational
- An eagerness to receive constructive feedback and act on
- The ability to thrive in an ever-changing, fast-paced
- Bachelor's degree or higher from a top university.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills and the ability
to communicate effectively with kids and parents.
- The ability to build creative, never-done-before workshops that
compel and excite kids.
- 3-5 years experience in other competitive industries, such as
finance and tech start-ups.You can learn more about Alpha by
Keywords: Alpha, Austin , Guide, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!