Posted on: June 24, 2022
IBC Bank successes are the result of an aggressive and
innovative attitude. The Bank's "We Do More" philosophy reflects
it's dedication to the growth and success of it's employees,
customers and communities. IBC bank hires talented, creative and
dedicated individuals to help our business succeed. We are a
company that values leadership, community engagement and
relationship building that leads to a culture of excellence. We are
currently seeking to fill positions across all business segments.
IBC's focus is to be customer centric and strive to provide
excellent customer experience.
1020 Mortgage Underwriting
The IBC Underwriting Supervisor reports directly to the Division
Manager. This position is primarily responsible for managing a
small to mid-size underwriting team. The team has the
responsibility of reviewing mortgage loans to verify for
completeness, accuracy and compliance. The Underwriting Supervisor
will be able to provide quick and accurate answers on multiple loan
product guidelines, and provide technical assistance and quality
assurance on loan approvals, counter-offers, adverse denials, and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The statements on this job description are intended to describe the
general nature of level of work being performed by incumbents. They
are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and
skills required by all incumbents.
* Manage a team of 4-10 Underwriters
* Accurately condition loan file based off loan application and
* Email updated conditional approval and loan status.
* Efficiently and effectively process a pipeline of loans on a
daily basis consisting of government and conventional loans.
* Communicate effectively with managers, processors and loan
* Understand and stay current with company policies, procedures,
industry regulations and other changes that affect the industry
* Analyze highly complex financial and credit information according
to underwriting standards.
* Ability to perform daily underwriting duties including
Conventional, Jumbo, Portfolio and Government loans.
* Provide training and assistance to Underwriters (as needed) and
help aid in performance improvement and development.
* Review HMDA Data in accordance with compliance policies.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Thorough understanding of Conventional(Fannie Mae) and FHA Loan
* Thorough knowledge of VA and USDA products preferred
* Strong analytical skills and decision-making ability to make
lending decisions and translate guidelines
* Ability to work independently and as a team; ability to garner
support and collaborate with others
* Ability to motivate and encourage team and peers
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities and
meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
* Ability to provide support and work collaboratively with
management to achieve business objectives
* College degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
* High School graduate or equivalent required.
* Applicant must have at least 5 years' experience underwriting
Conventional and FHA Loans
* Knowledge of DU, LP, and Encompass or similar underwriting
Keywords: IBC, Austin , Underwriting Supervisor, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!