People Business Partner
Company: MOD Pizza
Posted on: June 24, 2022
No matter who you are or where you come from, you are welcome
here. At MOD, we embrace individuality, support human growth, and
recognize the value in second chances.
Every day and in every store, we create a culture where individual
spirits are celebrated. And as part of MOD, you will be empowered
to provide that same experience for every single customer that
walks through the door.
We're growing, with more than 400 locations across 28 states, and
Canada. So we're always looking for people who demonstrate what we
call the 4G's: Grit, Growth, Generosity, and Gratitude. You'll help
us create a positive social impact in your community, making MOD an
exciting place to eat and a place where others are inspired to
bring about change. We call it Spreading MODness -. Come be part of
The People Business Partner is responsible for performing
People-related duties on a professional level and works closely
with senior People management in supporting designated geographic
regions. This position carries out responsibilities in the
following functional areas: employee relations, training,
performance management, policy implementation, employment law
compliance, worker's compensation and the tracking of People
metrics to support business decisions.
- Act as key contact for employees in assigned client groups
regarding general People questions, performance management,
employee relations issues, and management coaching
- Manage routine to complex employee relations issues on a
regular basis. Conducts effective, thorough and objective
investigations and partners with leadership to recommend
appropriate action to resolve the issues
- Administer accommodations and worker's compensation programs
and policies for client groups, in accordance with the applicable
federal and state employment laws and under the general direction
and guidance of People leadership and the legal department.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to
day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and
ensuring regulatory compliance; partner with legal department as
- Collaborate with other areas of HR on the implementation and
rollout of plans, programs and policies
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work
relationships, build morale, increase productivity and
- Research, analyze and respond to employee/manager questions
and/or issues regarding HR policies and processes
- Help to identify training needs for the business, partner in
implementation and participate in evaluation and monitoring of
- Complete other projects as assigned by the People leadership,
or as needs are recognized
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in HR or Business, or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of relevant HR generalist/business partner
experience in dynamic, fast-paced organizations
- Extensive experience in employee relations, performance
management, and federal and state employment laws (ie: EEO, FLSA,
ADA, FMLA, HIPAA, OSHA, etc.)
- An understanding and commitment to MOD's values
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with
tact and diplomacy
- Well organized, plans effectively and prioritizes time
according to what matters most
- Dependable and can be counted upon to meet deadlines and
- Strong consulting and communication skills with the ability to
influence and negotiate
- Strong interviewing/fact finding and decision making
- Strong conflict management skills with demonstrated
understanding of interpersonal relationship building
- Proven success at developing strong trusting relationships in
order to gain support and achieve results
- A positive upbeat personality who focuses on opportunities
rather than obstacles
- PHR/SPHR certification a plus
- Demonstrated competence in other human resource disciplines
with including compensation, change management, talent management,
organizational diagnosis and planning, and diversity is a plus
- Relevant industry experience a plus
- Experience rolling out new programs, systems or policies
Office work involves remaining in a stationary position most of the
time in front of a computer, using a keyboard, mouse and telephone.
Regularly operate a computer and other office equipment.
Occasionally move about the work site to access file cabinets,
office equipment, etc. Exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally,
and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or regularly move
objects. Communicate and exchange information with co-workers and
other individuals in person and electronically.
Want to help us spread MODness---? Apply today!
MOD welcomes people from all backgrounds and walks of life, and
it's reflected in our largely diverse community of MOD Squaders.
MOD is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed
to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants.
MOD recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers
all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth,
and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or
breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression,
national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry,
medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status,
citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any
other status protected by applicable law.
This Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive. We all
may be assigned other related duties as assigned to meet the
ongoing needs of the organization.
- 50% off your meals at MOD
- Access to employee support & development
- Awesome MOD swag: t-shirts, bandanas, stickers, etc.
Giving back is part of the MOD culture.
Throughout the year, you and other MOD Squad members have
opportunities to give back to the community - what we call
"Spreading MODness." This includes participating in fundraisers,
packing meals for families struggling with hunger, and sponsoring
other activities in your area.
We offer access to emergency support programs to help MOD Squad
Members in need. Anyone can apply to access the Bridge Fund, which
offers assistance when an unexpected hardship occurs. It's MODs
Job Segment: Employee Relations, HR Generalist, Performance
Management, HR, Human Resources
Keywords: MOD Pizza, Austin , People Business Partner, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!